PDA

View Full Version : Personel - sorry peeps.

Burbler
12-09-23, 05:09 PM
I have been in and out of various medical institutions over the past 6 months. At the last lot of blood tests I was referred to the haemophilia dept of the BRI. They'd found a strange protein which can lead to blood cancer (a condition known as MGUS).

I went back in today for a final check up and was told that after several sections had analysed matters that it was minimal and very little risk.

My fractured spine is improving very, very slowly but still I have a miniscule hope of ever getting on a bike again:mad::mad::mad:

I would thank all you regulars for your excellent junction marking (bar one !) and great comradeship. I miss it enormously and have so many very happy memories. Was a huge part of my life while it lasted.

Hope to see some of you again sometime and I wish you all safe and pleasant riding.

Larry.

BB
12-09-23, 08:29 PM
Aw, Larry, So sorry to hear this and sorry to hear about your last six months too, but good to hear there is little risk of the MGUS developing.
Thank you for the support you have given WB over the years.
Take care of yourself, your profile will remain open should you wish to return to the forum.
All the best
BB

Burbler
13-09-23, 11:13 AM
Cheers m'dear for the very kind thoughts. Can't even drive an automatic car or get on a bus or walk to the shop at the mo. Waiting for more improvement but am considering a mobility scooter. Fed up with living in one room (alone) for many months.

Dazr
13-09-23, 10:13 PM
Larry - Hope things start to improve for yo now, good to hear there is little risk from the results. I have to say some of the rideouts led by still stick in my mind, the weather always seemed better back then as well. Keep posting on the forum, it's good to keep in contact.

Will see if I have a pic from one of the rideouts

All the best
Daz

Dazr
13-09-23, 10:17 PM
https://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/blob:https://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/46d24d83-ef1d-4e2e-9cfe-da4fbaaefcb0https://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/blob:https://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/507d70e3-4df0-4856-bdd7-7b2586d3b339https://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/blob:https://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/33b1ac15-af1b-44a3-b661-afbfb7114d48I can't seem to add a pic....:(

Trev_P
15-09-23, 09:30 AM
Sorry to hear Larry but its good that part of you is on the mend in a measurable way and the other is encouraging.
I will miss you leading of those magical mystery tours, you know the ones where you "got lost".... :)
Maybe we could have a ride out with you on your mobility scooter I've seen them in Asda they rip round at about 60mph at least it seems that way.

@DAZR
"I can't seem to add a pic....:("
I have the same issue, had it for over a year now so just given up.

Burbler
16-09-23, 08:52 PM
'Lost' ? Moi ?

Cheers Trev....Gonna be at least 3 months...still hopeful but only 5 %

Trev
17-09-23, 10:49 AM
Sorry to hear that Larry, at least the docs are seeing you and that's one possible problem that, hopefully, you can put to the back of your mind. And the spine is going in the right direction, albeit very slowly. My Dad has had stenosis of the lower spine for nearly 20 years and other conditions meant he could not be operated on to correct it. The pain ebbs and flows from bearable to very bad, so much so that he spends several days or even weeks in a wheel chair. He went for a mobility scooter when my Mum passed a few years ago and it made a huge difference to him, he too was a biker when younger and he said it actually gave him a tiny feeling of being back on a bike again, that sense of getting some of his freedom back. I can recommend it from that experience.

Very best wishes - Trev

Last Train
22-09-23, 01:17 PM
Hey Burbs, sorry to hear of your continuing woes. But as others have said, after the fright, nothing sinister was found. Gotta be good news :)
I was talking with DC about your Welsh epics just t’other day & we were remembering them fondly :D
Did you have a written plan of your routes Burbs ? Or just recall them from memory ?
We’d love to retrace your steps & coffee toast your good self atop one of the climbs :)
As for a return to 2 wheels, is it definitely out of the question then ?

Burbler
23-09-23, 07:29 AM
Thanks Mr. Nut. Have to keep the back brace for at least another 8 to 10 weeks. Also have weak legs so can't get the bike off the side stand. Trouble holding upright as well. I reckon that there is a tiny chance that I will ever get my leg over again.
All my routes are on scraps of paper but on the day they are purely from memory (no satnav. notes or 'phone involved).
I'll try to generate something for you but I'm not good with mapping technology. Any particular one (of 5 or 6 that you want most ?). Still, you won't want it/them 'till next spring anyway. I could always send it long-hand.
Am really hoping to be able to get on (a lighter bike) at some stage but it is not very likely. I miss it SO much.
Keep well all. Hope to see you again sometime.

Last Train
24-09-23, 05:38 PM
Don’t give up the hope Burbs, it sounds like you’re healing up, albeit at a gentle pace. Keep the lighter bike route firmly in sight :)
Your routes, no need for digitalis if that’s not your thing. Any written pointers would be ace. I recall a route with 3 huge hilltop passes & we coffee’d in a town cafe some distance in ?
I need to looky at a map some more, praps DC could help with a name or two. I’ll ping him :)

Burbler
26-09-23, 08:17 AM
Your routes, no need for digitalis if that?s not your thing. Any written pointers would be ace. I recall a route with 3 huge hilltop passes & we coffee?d in a town cafe some distance in ?

Is that the one where you nearly went over the edge whilst bird watching ?

See Brizzle bikers for photo. Too big to put on here !

Badger-Roy
30-09-23, 04:36 PM
Sorry to hear you?re out of action Larry, at least the possibility of a smaller bike is something to work towards, iv just brought myself a 1976 Honda cd175 as a step up from the Vespa, not quite as nice as riding the big bikes but a close 2nd.

Burbler
30-09-23, 06:41 PM
Sorry to hear you?re out of action Larry, at least the possibility of a smaller bike is something to work towards, iv just brought myself a 1976 Honda cd175 as a step up from the Vespa, not quite as nice as riding the big bikes but a close 2nd.

Cheers Badge...will be quite a while yet. I couldn't even drive an automatic car at the mo. Have a tiny improvement in mobility but in much less pain than a few weeks ago.

Thankful for small mercies.

Burbler
19-10-23, 01:42 PM
Mr. Nut gave me an unexpected but most welcome call yesterday. Nice to chat to one of you lot. Feel free to do likewise all. Contact Kev for number.