PDA

View Full Version : Sneaky - Just be aware!

Dazr
30-03-23, 08:35 PM
Just seen this shared on FB, just in case its rolled out further across the UK. Well thats assuming it stops raining and we can get out on the bikes..

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/warning-police-trial-stealth-speed-26591523?fbclid=IwAR2bcBCFGc0-gHnAG6P7mLqgyS4IY6sHZr5uvWC0FNSu9n1SQapQsbmrP-8

Toph
05-04-23, 11:00 PM
I was riding back from Salisbury last weekend when I went through a speed trap in Shrewton.
A WPC had a camera on a tripod partially obscured by a tree..sneaky!
Luckily a guy in a Transit flashed me as I was approaching Shrewton with the "thumbs down" signal, so I was pootling at 25mph....phew!!

Dazr
06-04-23, 09:28 AM
I was riding back from Salisbury last weekend when I went through a speed trap in Shrewton.
A WPC had a camera on a tripod partially obscured by a tree..sneaky!
Luckily a guy in a Transit flashed me as I was approaching Shrewton with the "thumbs down" signal, so I was pootling at 25mph....phew!!

Lucky the guy warned you, I bet they thought 25mph check the kit....lol

BB
06-04-23, 10:19 AM
You have got to be so aware nowadays, keep your eyes open for vans with stange back window configurations, stealthily placed cameras, potholes you could drown or go absailing in, not to mention a high number of half blind or not caring four wheel brigade being out to get you!

Dazr
06-04-23, 07:54 PM
The potholes are crazy and bad enough in the car, i end up swerving trying to avoid the potholes. On the bike will be fun this year, funny I reported a pothole issue in Swindon the other week. They replied we have closed this report as we already have this reported, 4 weeks later its still there.....:mad: