PDA

View Full Version : Waaaaaayyyyyyyy

Last Train
04-12-22, 09:04 AM
??Too cold & cruddy for me today :(

Anyone putting an extra layer on & having some ?

BB
04-12-22, 11:30 AM
Hah, you should have been on the Santa run yesterday. That was pretty fresh and lots of layers required

Last Train
04-12-22, 02:46 PM
Hah, you should have been on the Santa run yesterday. That was pretty fresh and lots of layers required

Ooh, yeah I bet it was :eek:

Brrrrr……

Dazr
04-12-22, 03:25 PM
Agree way too cold and anyway bikes all packed away now for winter hibernation. Roll on spring although that seems ages away, just got to get this Christmas thing out of the way....Bah Humbug!

Burbler
04-12-22, 05:30 PM

1st. one that I've missed in 7 years.

Bush telephone says there were c. 950 or so.

1k next year ???

Burbler
04-12-22, 05:38 PM
https://i.ibb.co/QfdxV0t/santme.jpg

Trev
05-12-22, 09:13 PM
My bloody knee is still giving me grief (nearly five months now) so much so that I've really cut back my riding over the last couple of months but couldn't resist getting out on the Himalayan yesterday to clear the cobwebs. Keiss waistcoat, heated grips and michelin man layers pretty much sorted the cold, apart from the wind chill into the open face hat, but the cold greasy roads weren't great on the knobblies. The front Conti TKC80 didn't give me any funny moments but I have to admit that the Maxxis M6006 on the rear isn't the best idea I've had for Winter roads. It's the first time I've ever had the himmy 'spin up' pulling out of a junction, admittedly right at the start of the ride so stone cold but it's nigh on impossible to get the lump to break traction on a muddy green lane so to slide out on tarmac was a whole new experience and not one that filled me with joy.

I only did about an hour and half, all back roads and lanes with a very tentative short ride along a very muddy byeway and probably covered less than thirty miles but it was a great feeling to be out on a bike and I was refreshed and relaxed when I got home. and of course the best bit is that the himmy is a no clean zone so just give the chain a quirt of lube and bung it back in the garage ready for next time. Roll on knee recovery, in the meantime I may admit my error and sort another TKC80 for the rear to give me at least half a chance on Winter roads

fragglepete
07-12-22, 09:56 PM
Did a ride out with WaBAM on Sunday - up to Dobbies for Tea & Cake. 85 miles in total and that was enough - way too cold really.

Missed out on the Santa Run - was planning too, but had things to do and I was just feeling the cold too much last week that I gave it a miss this year. Will try for next year.

Pete

Last Train
14-12-22, 09:27 AM
Looks like the icey snap will pass at the weekend, Yay !

Then we get to ride around in the wet, Yay !

:D

BB
14-12-22, 10:11 AM

Can't wait!

Has anyone been riding this last week?

Burbler
14-12-22, 05:06 PM

Winter solstice next Wednesday...all down hill from there.

Dazr
17-12-22, 02:48 PM
Winter solstice next Wednesday...all down hill from there.

Spring on the way from next week then.......:cool:

Last Train
17-12-22, 05:48 PM
Bring it on baby :cool:

Last Train
22-01-23, 06:38 PM
Has anyone been out at all ????
I was going off to Fowlers for one of their brekkys today. The forecast midweek was the freezin, lovely to look at but not ride in, weather was gonna disappear this weekend & warm up a tad. Yeah right :rolleyes:
I?m in danger of forgetting how to ride it?s been so long since I last got out for blat :eek:

jer r1
23-01-23, 11:09 AM
Took the 450 enduro out for a few hours on Saturday.

BB
23-01-23, 03:56 PM
My last day out on a bike was Jan 1st, 23 days, 15 hours 55 minutes ago....

Last Train
23-01-23, 09:25 PM
Took the 450 enduro out for a few hours on Saturday.

:cool:

Last Train
23-01-23, 09:27 PM
My last day out on a bike was Jan 1st, 23 days, 15 hours 55 minutes ago....

Ha ha, Love it :)
My last outing was mid December I think… :(

Burbler
23-01-23, 09:38 PM
Unhappily, my last time on the bike was 12 months (or so ) before that ! Missing it so much.

Last Train
23-01-23, 10:45 PM
Unhappily, my last time on the bike was 12 months (or so ) before that ! Missing it so much.

Bummer that is Burbs :(

Trev
24-01-23, 08:20 AM
I've only done a few short rides locally, knee still playing up and I don't feel too confident on slippery stuff until I've had it sorted, op end of Feb. Himalayan MOT tmrw so will take the long way home as it's forecast to be a balmy 4 degrees

BB
24-01-23, 10:22 AM

:(:(:(

Dazr
25-01-23, 11:18 AM

:(

Last Train
30-01-23, 03:48 PM
I had an unexpected day off today, sun was shining, Ave it :cool:

https://i.postimg.cc/nzdDJ4N5/60-EFE9-E0-0637-4-AA4-A1-F6-1-AF62-CF58905.jpg (https://postimg.cc/k6b4NbJF)

BB
03-02-23, 01:12 PM
Looks beautiful LT, where was it?

Last Train
03-02-23, 04:23 PM
Shearwater :)
Popped in for a quick nosey on my way back.

BB
03-02-23, 10:29 PM
Shearwater :)
Popped in for a quick nosey on my way back.

Thought it looked familiar :cool:

Trev
11-02-23, 12:00 PM
Nice one

Last Train
11-02-23, 05:27 PM
Nice one

How goes the joint repair Trev, You back out & about ?

Trev
11-02-23, 07:52 PM
How goes the joint repair Trev, You back out & about ?

I've got op Monday 20th, should be minor, cleaning up a tear to the meniscus and sorting some 'rough edges' on cartlidge :eek: but I'm in two minds whether to get it done now though as it feels so much better over the last few weeks. I'm walking normally and actually hired a bike for a week while we were in Tenerife, an Enfield Interceptor 650, and it felt fine. The surgeon says it won't repair on it's own and I'm inclined to agree as it's taken months to get to this stage and even now I wouldn't feel confident enough to try to run on it or any green-laning or an activity that might cause a sudden twist. If I have the op and it goes okay then it will be a few days on crutches/not driving, 2 - 3 weeks before I can ride a bike but will have to be careful.

I've got a couple of hours tomorrow afternoon so will get the Guzi V85 out or a spin and see where I end up. MOT time next week, Himalayan and Guzzi Bobber, want to get them done before the Op as I'm going to sell the Bobber, hardly rode it at all last year, I think 250 miles all told. Might sell the gixer thou as well as never used that at all last year.

Last Train
11-02-23, 09:08 PM
I’m busy with stuff the next few weekends anyway, but after your fixed, fancy a coffee up @ Compton Abbas for a catch up ?

Trev
12-02-23, 10:22 PM
I’m busy with stuff the next few weekends anyway, but after your fixed, fancy a coffee up @ Compton Abbas for a catch up ?

Yeah that would be good, get a coffee in before Guy Ritchie closes it all down

Last Train
13-02-23, 08:05 PM
Yeah that would be good, get a coffee in before Guy Ritchie closes it all down

Haha :D

I really hope he doesn’t….

BB
13-02-23, 10:17 PM
Haha :D

I really hope he doesn’t….

Me too, count me in for a coffee too.

Burbler
13-02-23, 10:23 PM
Can't wait!

Has anyone been riding this last week?

I hobbled to the post box (my school mate biker's birthday). We both have 5 year older biking brothers.

Trev
14-02-23, 09:26 AM
The airfield is currently closed to visiting aircraft (resident ones can still fly) and the cafe is closed for renovations. It's supposed to reopen mid March but there is some scepticism that it will, I'm seeing a mate of mine for the Himmy MOT tomorrow and he has a plane there (doing him a bit of a disservice with that description, it's a 1930's tri engined art deco thing that used to belong to an American General) so I'll get the latest from him. If it's not open when we catch up then there are plenty of other decent stops within 10/15 minutes that we can use.

Last Train
14-02-23, 06:56 PM
Sounds good :)

Trev
15-02-23, 03:41 PM
After chatting to my mate it seems as if the take over of the airfield by GR can't have come soon enough and plans and actions are in place to have it reopened as soon as possible and it will be a much more visitor friendly set up than previous ie more than just two toilets and coffee not served from a container in the car park. Certainly the resident aircraft owners are pleased with the wat things have gone so far (it's very early days, formal hand over was only two weeks ago)

Last Train
16-02-23, 07:02 AM
Fabulous news, tis a great venue for a visit.
Ta for the privy intel Trev :)

How’d the Himmy get on ?

Trev
16-02-23, 07:24 PM
Fabulous news, tis a great venue for a visit.
Ta for the privy intel Trev :)

How’d the Himmy get on ?

Passed but then was first MOT and only done 7k miles and I do look after it mechanically ....... if not cosmetically ; )

BB
18-02-23, 11:06 AM
Passed but then was first MOT and only done 7k miles and I do look after it mechanically ....... if not cosmetically ; )

Result! :)

Trev_P
20-02-23, 02:30 PM
I got out for a bit of a toodle on sunday, put some fresh fuel through the pipes and all was good in the world. A tad nippy at times tho with the windchill but an hour or so well spent :)

Badger-Roy
20-02-23, 02:43 PM
Yesterday I got out for my 1st proper ride since my car accident 18 months ago, only managed about 45 mins but baby steps turn into big steps as they say :rolleyes:

Dazr
20-02-23, 04:33 PM
I got out for a bit of a toodle on sunday, put some fresh fuel through the pipes and all was good in the world. A tad nippy at times tho with the windchill but an hour or so well spent :)

I thought it was you I spotted coming off the motorway roundabout mid to late afternoon, knee down, almost elbow down.... :cool:

Dazr
20-02-23, 04:34 PM
Yesterday I got out for my 1st proper ride since my car accident 18 months ago, only managed about 45 mins but baby steps turn into big steps as they say :rolleyes:

Now that is some good news for a Monday, soon be back out joining us on ride outs :)

Badger-Roy
20-02-23, 04:44 PM
Now that is some good news for a Monday, soon be back out joining us on ride outs :)
Fingers crossed, until yesterday iv just been having a bimble on my little Vespa as thats all my legs could manage but im slowly starting to be able to take the weight of my bigger bikes (didnt wana hold you lot up coming out on the Vespa :D).

BB
20-02-23, 04:48 PM

Result. as you say baby steps

Last Train
20-02-23, 05:49 PM

Likin it Trev :cool:

Last Train
20-02-23, 05:55 PM

That’s great news Badger :cool:

Trev_P
20-02-23, 07:16 PM
I thought it was you I spotted coming off the motorway roundabout mid to late afternoon, knee down, almost elbow down.... :cool:

more than likely ;)

Burbler
20-02-23, 07:39 PM
Never thought about a vespa (hate the things), might get me back on the road though.

Burbler
20-02-23, 07:40 PM
Brain in gear now, perhaps a Honda step-through 90 or similar.

Badger-Roy
20-02-23, 08:32 PM
Never thought about a vespa (hate the things), might get me back on the road though.
I got me a little Vespa gts 250, to be honest I rather like it, it?s got more chrome than you can shake a mucky stick at, and it somehow manages 90 with my fat arse sat on it. Chances are il keep it even when I?m back on the bigger bikes. You should try one.

Dazr
20-02-23, 08:45 PM

The possibilities and light at the end of....... good luck searching.

BB
20-02-23, 08:52 PM
We hired a scoot in Tenerife the other week, Burbs. Great fun, twist & go, 300cc, speedy little thing too.

Last Train
20-02-23, 10:06 PM

Yeah man, go for it Burbs :cool:

Trev
21-02-23, 10:28 AM
A few on the other forum I follow (I know, I know, blasphemy!) have big scoots, mainly Honda stuff as it's s Honda forum, and they're very capable. I did Lands End John O Groats last year on the Himalayan, three of us did the up and back with various forum members joining us for parts of the trip and one person who did the whole trip was on a 300 Honda scoot. The other guy had a 350 Enfield Classic and the Scooter was not only the fastest of the trio, it carried the kit easier and had better weather protection.

If you do go for one I would go for at least 125cc as they will at least allow you to keep up a with 50/55mph A road traffic, an older 90 is a fair bit slower. Something like this SH300 Honda will top 80mph and the bigger wheels make it feel more bike like.

Being back on two wheels, regardless of style, would be great

Last Train
26-02-23, 04:23 PM
A nippy but beautiful couple of hours out & about :)

https://i.postimg.cc/DyCbdM2T/320278-A9-2414-46-B9-BCEA-3601-CCFB66-DC.jpg (https://postimg.cc/Whk3sSFW)

Trev
26-02-23, 08:32 PM
I know that 'junction' well, looking forward to bimbling along the Ox Drove again soon, be great to have tge GS along as company

Burbler
26-02-23, 09:40 PM
Yeah man, go for it Burbs :cool:

Collar bone healing better than standard (for my age). Back still a problem but I can start doing a few exercises now.

Last Train
26-02-23, 09:47 PM
Collar bone healing better than standard (for my age). Back still a problem but I can start doing a few exercises now.

Good news :)