PDA

View Full Version : Noise - I wonder if this will include Motorbike's...

Dazr
28-09-22, 09:55 PM
I wonder if this will affect us, perhaps they want us all riding electric bikes or our petrol bikes will be Euro 10 or something. Fun times ahead....:(

https://www.confused.com/car-insurance/guides/noisy-driver-crackdown?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter&utm_source=brandawareness&utm_term=20220928&utm_content=september2022newslettermotorrdc_012

Burbler
29-09-22, 07:54 PM
It grows and grows. Ulez, resident's parking zones, road tax on anything that will do over 40 mph, parking fees at airports and in hospitals etc., etc.....I'm glad I was on a bike in the 60's.
Feds had no radios, no Subarus, no breathalysers, no speed cameras...and proper scrumpy was 1/3d (7p) a pint

Dazr
29-09-22, 08:14 PM
It grows and grows. Ulez, resident's parking zones, road tax on anything that will do over 40 mph, parking fees at airports and in hospitals etc., etc.....I'm glad I was on a bike in the 60's.
Feds had no radios, no Subarus, no breathalysers, no speed cameras...and proper scrumpy was 1/3d (7p) a pint

Agree feels like all fun being taken away......:(

Last Train
30-09-22, 06:53 AM
Yep, for sure :(
I do think loud pipes save lives but some of the bikes that go past my gaff are stupid loud. I’ve no problem with quieting them down a bit. You can hear them coming from miles away.

BB
30-09-22, 07:57 AM
Yep, for sure :(
I do think loud pipes save lives but some of the bikes that go past my gaff are stupid loud. I’ve no problem with quieting them down a bit. You can hear them coming from miles away.

Loud pipes aggravate people, they aggravate me and I'm a biker! Personally I like to ramble around generally unnoticed volume wise. Anyway what's the point nowadays when practically everyone (I know I exaggerate) is travelling in air conditioned heated comfort with stereo sound in their vehicles or walking about talking to their selves with ear phones/buds in!

Last Train
30-09-22, 04:02 PM
You’re not wrong BB.
It’s amazing how completely oblivious people are of what’s around them these days. There are so many distractions.
There’s some great YouTube vids of folks walking into closed doors, falling into fountains etc :D

Trev_P
01-10-22, 12:31 PM
I think it covers anything with an engine, heck it may even affect by bicycle with those playing cards in the spokes lol.
Just to make it clear, those in power do not want us common people driving or riding anywhere, its shanks's pony for you m'lad and be grateful for it...peasants !

Last Train
01-10-22, 03:37 PM
Thus thread reminded me of this :)

https://youtu.be/xGyKBFCd_u4

:D:D