PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Yellow Brick Roadster

Burbler
12-01-22, 02:10 PM
Insurers garage rang this morning...

WRITE OFF

Last Train
12-01-22, 03:48 PM
Is that pair of words not supposed to have ‘You can fcuk’ before it ? ;)

Is the write off preferable to you Burbs or would you rather tend to the Roadster ?

BB
12-01-22, 05:32 PM
Is it worth buying back & fixing Burbs? or you just going to let it go and find something else?

Burbler
12-01-22, 06:29 PM
Couldn't contemplate doing repairs myself. Can hardly get upstairs still. Am on multiple pain killers and awaiting MRI scan.

Possibly never get leg over again :(:(

Dazr
12-01-22, 08:13 PM
Sorry to hear Larry but at least you will have some cash from the write off, maybe just maybe you will get another bike! If not hope stay on the forum and hope you feel better soon.

BB
13-01-22, 07:09 AM
Sorry to hear Larry but at least you will have some cash from the write off, maybe just maybe you will get another bike! If not hope stay on the forum and hope you feel better soon.

^^Wot he said^^
Maybe look at getting a scooter of some sort. They seem pretty good nowadays. Hope you feel better soon mate.

Badger-Roy
13-01-22, 08:08 AM
Maybe look at getting a scooter of some sort. They seem pretty good nowadays.
Thats what iv had to do, iv still got the triumph and the cruiser (because I can’t bear to sell em)but the only bike iv been able to ride for the last year and for the foreseeable future is the little Vespa 250, to be honest I actually rather like it and it genuinely does give me my “bike fix”.

Last Train
13-01-22, 10:16 AM
Thats what iv had to do, iv still got the triumph and the cruiser (because I can’t bear to sell em)but the only bike iv been able to ride for the last year and for the foreseeable future is the little Vespa 250, to be honest I actually rather like it and it genuinely does give me my “bike fix”.

Yep,it doesn’t matter what you ride, it’s all about the hit.

:cool:

BB
13-01-22, 10:37 AM
Yep,it doesn’t matter what you ride, it’s all about the hit.

:cool:

Sure is :cool:

Trev
13-01-22, 06:17 PM
So sorry to hear that Larry, both the theft and your health issues. Like some others have said, maybe try a smaller bike, I know it's easy for other to underestimate the problems some have and suggest 'easy fixes' so apologies if this sounds like that. I'm fortunate to have the choice of a few bikes and end up on one of my smaller/slower bikes for 80% of my riding, somehow they just seem more fun.

Message me if you want to chat about some of the bikes i have and maybe I can pop up with one in the van for you to try

Burbler
13-01-22, 06:42 PM
Many, many thanks for the sympathies and good wishes.
My short time with WBs has been a massive learning curve, as it wasn't long ago that I'd not even heard of a ride out. Thanks all for looking after me - such fun over all the routes and really sad that it may be over.
May well get a little drunk, and maudlin this evening.

BB
13-01-22, 07:55 PM
Many, many thanks for the sympathies and good wishes.
My short time with WBs has been a massive learning curve, as it wasn't long ago that I'd not even heard of a ride out. Thanks all for looking after me - such fun over all the routes and really sad that it may be over.
May well get a little drunk, and maudlin this evening.

And why not, I think you are entitled to in this instance. I may well join you in a glass of something