PDA

View Full Version : Off Piste

Burbler
01-05-21, 12:50 PM
Went to check the oil and Tps and oil the chain. Tried to turn it over but it wouldn't idle.

Revs OK once started but if the throttle is released, it stalls.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6crPDtxugEk/VIfaCT-6d7I/AAAAAAAAGDk/TYDapfbHDBA/s1600/Sad%2BAngry%2BSmiley.png

Last Train
01-05-21, 04:47 PM
Is it carburettor fuelled Burbs ?
Sounds like a blocked jet.
Try giving it a hefty glug of redex.

Burbler
01-05-21, 07:36 PM
Is it carburettor fuelled Burbs ?Sounds like a blocked jet.

What size hammer do I need for that ?

Burbler
01-05-21, 07:47 PM
As usual, just had a fill up when needing to take tank off, when it weighs 25 kg. Managed evenshhhhhhualy, then it rained.

Later I had the airbox off and, voila, it's the idle control stepper motor. Luckily (again) I had a spare in the cellar from the previous incarnation (which threw the bottom end on the Severn bridge).

Took me a while to find it so retired for the day. Very close to where I found it were quite a few bottles of vino. Being weak of spirit, I succumbed. Tomorrow is another day.

So pleased that I got another identical bike as it has just about paid for itself in spares for this one.

Last Train
01-05-21, 08:24 PM
Nicely diagnosed Burbs :)
Parts on the shelf, Vino on the shelf.
That is an excellent days mechanics :D

BB
01-05-21, 10:14 PM
Nicely diagnosed Burbs :)
Parts on the shelf, Vino on the shelf.
That is an excellent days mechanics :D

Result! :cool:

Burbler
02-05-21, 04:22 PM
Must go to church more often...

Replacement worked perfik, until I saw the petrol at my feet.

Fuel line connector sprung a leak. Can't find my nitrile o-ring stash so ordered some off tinternet. Second jab on Wednesday...infamy, infamy...

Burbler
05-05-21, 02:11 PM
Things are looking up.

Had 2nd. jab. New o-rings have arrived. Sun is shining...

Burbler
06-05-21, 02:29 PM
New o-rings fitted, bike back together (only 5 bits left over).

The seals in there were the wrong ones sent to me off the net. Very stiff to go in but worked O.K. Problem came when removing and trying to re-fit them as they had been compromised and failed.

Starts and ticks overs O.K. hopefully have a little run tomorrow - and get some petrol !!