PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Virus

BB
09-09-20, 02:35 PM
So what's going to happen next? Your guess is as good as mine. :confused:

I suppose we will find out at 16:00 hrs today

I blame the yoof of today who (like the yoof of all previous yesterdays) believe they are immortal! ;)

Badger-Roy
09-09-20, 03:19 PM
I’m not even a Yoof but I still think I am, well hope anyway :D

Last Train
09-09-20, 05:06 PM
I am truly gobsmacked.
Boris & his merry folk have bought a whole new level of ineptitude to bear on us all.
They've plummeted to previously unchartered waters and continue to free fall.
Quite bewildering.

Virus ?

I don't really like riding in groups bigger than 6 anyway ;)

Burbler
09-09-20, 06:12 PM
I've been given a flu jab appointment. I have to turn up to a large church in a 45 min time window then go to the 'yellow' section. I am told that if I am late or do not attend there is a strong likelyhood that I will not get a jab this year.

Dabz
15-09-20, 09:08 AM
What baffles me is the way they keep announcing new measures form the following Monday, giving everyone a chance for a final weekend blowout and to spread the virus round a bit further before we have more measures imposed. I saw loads of people having last minute kids birthday parties, family get togethers etc just to get it done before Monday. Madness

Looking at France and Spain who appear to be 3 weeks ahead of us again, it doesn't look pretty

Badger-Roy
15-09-20, 09:24 AM
What I can’t work out is why 7 bikers can’t go out for a ride together however a group of 40 hooray Henry’s can still go on a shooting day to help wipe out the already dwindling wildlife population.
The list of “allowed/disallowed” sports just makes no sense.

Badger-Roy
15-09-20, 09:26 AM
Looking at France and Spain who appear to be 3 weeks ahead of us again, it doesn't look pretty
This is a big worry :( as it’s exactly what happed last time.

Trev_P
15-09-20, 04:45 PM
What I can’t work out is why 7 bikers can’t go out for a ride together however a group of 40 hooray Henry’s can still go on a shooting day to help wipe out the already dwindling wildlife population.
The list of “allowed/disallowed” sports just makes no sense.

That's easy to work out, Bikers are generally working class and the Hooray Henry's are self explanatory. i think they are described as NTUSC. pardon my dyxlexia :p
nb: no offence to anyone with Dyxlexia

Badger-Roy
15-09-20, 05:53 PM
That's easy to work out, Bikers are generally working class and the Hooray Henry's are self explanatory. i think they are described as NTUSC. pardon my dyxlexia :p
nb: no offence to anyone with Dyxlexia
:)

Dabz
15-09-20, 08:46 PM
This is a big worry :( as it’s exactly what happed last time.

You’d think we’d learn. But since cummings ruined the concept of restrictions for the greater good its all been about the economy regardless of public safety

Badger-Roy
15-09-20, 10:04 PM
You’d think we’d learn. But since cummings ruined the concept of restrictions for the greater good its all been about the economy regardless of public safety
money wins every time, you only need look at the prison sentences handed down to sex offenders vs money fraud, common sense says the sex offender would get longer but the reality is the bank robber or fraudster does. It’s a strange old world.

DC
30-10-20, 10:50 AM
A rare interview with Boris says it best .

https://youtu.be/POBh4ErvOhY

Badger-Roy
30-10-20, 02:38 PM
A rare interview with Boris says it best .

https://youtu.be/POBh4ErvOhY
As a firm boris fan I should boo this down but as iv just spilt my coffee from laughing so much at I really can’t, loved the bit bout how to destroy Scotland.

DC
30-10-20, 03:34 PM
loved the bit bout how to destroy Scotland.

;) How very dare you .

https://www.scottish-at-heart.com/images/scotland_lion_rampant_1200_c.jpg

Burbler
30-10-20, 05:48 PM
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP. 6en-JPHxldpw6ot8RoM14AHaLH%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Badger-Roy
30-10-20, 06:42 PM
;) How very dare you .

https://www.scottish-at-heart.com/images/scotland_lion_rampant_1200_c.jpg
Iv got no problem with Scotland, lovely people and a landscape to die for but come on nicola sturgeon just ruins everything, even a proud Scotsman like yourself HAS to feel a fair bit of shame about her :D

DC
30-10-20, 08:29 PM
She's definitely a character .

Scotty
31-10-20, 08:38 AM
Iv got no problem with Scotland, lovely people and a landscape to die for but come on nicola sturgeon just ruins everything, even a proud Scotsman like yourself HAS to feel a fair bit of shame about her :D
Nicola Sturgeon has one important characteristic that's totally absent in Bozo - integrity.
The list could be exhaustive, including honesty, attention to detail, work ethic and so on, but she's a far more trustworthy leader than our over-paid good-time Charlie.

Burbler
01-11-20, 09:43 AM
I'm sorted.

Got 144 toilet rolls, 5 kg of flour, 5kg spaghetti, 5 kg sugar, 24 tins tomatoes and 60 bottles of wine...

........oh ! hang on - better get some more wine.

BB
01-11-20, 01:01 PM
I'm sorted.

Got 144 toilet rolls, 5 kg of flour, 5kg spaghetti, 5 kg sugar, 24 tins tomatoes and 60 bottles of wine...

........oh ! hang on - better get some more wine.

Yes, you sound a bit low on the wine.

Burbler
23-11-20, 06:40 PM

Burbler
04-01-21, 10:14 PM

Burbler
02-02-21, 05:04 PM

Got an appointment for my jab on Saturday.

jer r1
02-02-21, 06:45 PM
Thought they'd done the over nineties ��

Badger-Roy
02-02-21, 07:41 PM
Thought they'd done the over nineties 😂
:)

Burbler
02-02-21, 08:14 PM

Dabz
02-02-21, 08:57 PM
Seems to be a lot of good news out today about the vaccine and the impact it should have. The end is potentially in sight at last

BB
02-02-21, 11:03 PM
Seems to be a lot of good news out today about the vaccine and the impact it should have. The end is potentially in sight at last

As long as they keep ahead of the variants! :)

Burbler
11-11-21, 06:13 PM
Just home from getting my Booster jab.

Went on the bus !!!

Driver wouldn't let me in and whinged at me - I was trying to pay with my driving licence.

Last Train
11-11-21, 09:02 PM
:D :D

BB
11-11-21, 10:35 PM
Just home from getting my Booster jab.

Mine's booked for 17th :cool:

Kevin
11-01-22, 02:25 AM
I don't know how I missed this discussion. So, I'll add my two cents :) First of all, time passed, millions of people have died, but still, there are those who think they are immortal (it's their own business, though). As for me, some Covid regs seem to have no sense. For example, I don't understand why football and other matches weren't canceled and people can attend the games, but we can go fishing only being alone. Currently, people are getting boosters. I'm going to get a Pfizer one as this booster is identical to the regular Pfizer vaccine (I follow the news on the topic and check the info about the newly found meds on the online pharmacy (https://www.canadadrugsdirect.com/online-pharmacy) sites). As I didn't have any side effects except for the arm sore after two shots, I guess it will be wise to choose exactly this booster. I do hope we all we be safe soon.