PDA

View Full Version : 3 Cross Motorcycles bites the bullet

WR6133
30-04-20, 07:38 AM
Article linked http://www.britishdealernews.co.uk/general-news/three-cross-motorcycles-being-placed-administration?fbclid=IwAR2cN3IrjdIiy4lVMafV5mUx9L 0ZzzdPuxyf_d8YRqc9Q_tyF6fn0dxQ-IM

Shame. I rarely have much good to say about dealers but when I was modifying that moped these guys a couple of times went well above and beyond with customer service.

I have a funny feeling they were the main importer for Peugeot and the other off brands they sell so if you own one OEM parts may become an issue until someone else picks it up.

BB
30-04-20, 09:23 AM
Yes, saw this yesterday, suspect they will be the first of many. Sorry to see them go, they have always been there during my biking life :(

Last Train
30-04-20, 09:45 AM
Oh hell.
I always, like many, had a bit of a soft spot for these guys.

Brutal :(

Dabz
30-04-20, 03:29 PM
Shame, they were one of the better ones to deal with

Scotty
01-05-20, 01:37 PM
Hmmm, sad to hear. I never used them myself but recall hearing the name for decades. Sadly I don't think that they'll be the only ones :-(

Dabz
01-05-20, 07:47 PM
It’s not much fun running a business at the mo, that’s for sure!

Wes
01-05-20, 07:59 PM
Sad news, I haven't been there, but it looked like a fairly sizable dealership :(

BB
01-05-20, 08:18 PM
It’s not much fun running a business at the mo, that’s for sure!

I can imagine. :(

WR6133
02-05-20, 09:53 AM
Sadly I don't think that they'll be the only ones :-(

I read a couple of articles after posting and this is going to be very true. Apparently the percentage of trade they do from April - Close of Season carries most dealers through loss making Winters. Of that narrow money making window most of it is in the first half. So right now many dealers are going to have stretched their own finances getting stock in and just before the sales season starts, this plague comes along. No sales, rapidly drying cash flows and increasingly shrinking prospect of any decent sales numbers this year.

I'd bet most bikers have by now cleaned to perfection, personalised and dribbled on their bikes in the garage so much that you have to wonder is next year going to be hard on sales too, less likely to chop it in having spent days, weeks, months, pampering it.