PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Kata
08-12-19, 09:46 PM
Hi All. Managed to get through registration eventually (thanks Judy).

Haven't been in Wiltshire long enough to get to know bike meets, Rideout destinations etc.

Weathers a bit pants at mo but looking forward to finding out.

People know of any?

Cheers

BB
08-12-19, 10:13 PM
Haha, you finally managed it then. Good to have you on board :cool:

As I said, a bit quiet on here at the moment

Last Train
08-12-19, 10:18 PM
Evening :)

Trev_P
09-12-19, 08:37 AM
Welcome to WB, keep an eye on the meets & rideout section although at the mo (winter) only the brave will venture out :p

Wes
09-12-19, 05:28 PM
Hi and welcome to WB :)

RunningBare
09-12-19, 05:40 PM
Hi All. Managed to get through registration eventually (thanks Judy).

Haven't been in Wiltshire long enough to get to know bike meets, Rideout destinations etc.

Weathers a bit pants at mo but looking forward to finding out.

People know of any?

Cheers

Weston of course. Also Cartgate, Langport, Burnham on Sea, Haynes breakfast and others I can't remember. Completely dry and baking hot spring and summer this year.

BB
09-12-19, 07:26 PM
Also quite a few Santa runs on over the next few weeks, we did the Santa's on Bikes Bristol event last Saturday. Amazing amount of bikes!

DC
09-12-19, 07:51 PM
Hi and welcome to WB :cool:

Kata
09-12-19, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the messages all.

Yep bit chilly at the mo but.lookong forward to making the most of the weather when it gets warmer. Thinking about splattering a bike in ACF50 or similar this year so can get out a bit without it disintegrating underneath me.

Cheers

Scotty
10-12-19, 08:31 AM
Are you on SouthWest Bikers, or is there another of you?

Trev
10-12-19, 10:27 AM
Hi and welcome

Badger-Roy
10-12-19, 12:17 PM
Hi welcome to WB

Kata
10-12-19, 07:17 PM
Are you on SouthWest Bikers, or is there another of you?
Yep. Tis me. Wondered if anyone uses both.
Which alias do you use on SWB?

Scotty
11-12-19, 01:27 PM
Yep. Tis me. Wondered if anyone uses both.
Which alias do you use on SWB?

I use the same nom de plume on SWB, there are a number of us in both communities. I first joined SWB in 2007 when a former member, Age, told me about Llandow when at the Phase One workshop one weekend. I haven't ridden Llandow since 2013, in fact I haven't ridden on track at all since June 2018, thinking of sacking track riding altogether as it doesn't float my boat like it used to... though that's the subject of a totally different thread, sorry for rambling on yours. Welcome aboard, whereabouts are you living?

Toph
12-12-19, 06:35 AM
Welcome to Wiltshire Bikers !
:)

jer r1
13-12-19, 06:57 AM
Hiya matey, another SWB reprobate.��

Kata
14-12-19, 07:42 PM
I use the same nom de plume on SWB, there are a number of us in both communities. I first joined SWB in 2007 when a former member, Age, told me about Llandow when at the Phase One workshop one weekend. I haven't ridden Llandow since 2013, in fact I haven't ridden on track at all since June 2018, thinking of sacking track riding altogether as it doesn't float my boat like it used to... though that's the subject of a totally different thread, sorry for rambling on yours. Welcome aboard, whereabouts are you living?

Just outside Chippenham, just moved to a new place. You? Hopefully doing Llandow next year. It's a bit like a go cart track but it's a normally a fun day. Besides, the cafe does excellent ham egg and chips. :-)

What yer doing instead of track then?

Kata
14-12-19, 07:45 PM
Hiya matey, another SWB reprobate.��

LOL. Yep. Do any aocial riding or all blood bikes now?

Dazr
15-12-19, 07:02 PM
Hi and welcome to WB, just got to wait for the good weather to return now.

Scotty
16-12-19, 06:02 PM
Just outside Chippenham, just moved to a new place. You? Hopefully doing Llandow next year. It's a bit like a go cart track but it's a normally a fun day. Besides, the cafe does excellent ham egg and chips. :-)

What yer doing instead of track then?
We’re in Corsham, not far from Chip’num. I’m plenty familiar with Llandow, I did seven SWB days there - I doubt it’s changed a great deal has it, are John’s rider briefings still the same piss-take of supermoto riders and those who crash after the chequered flag?

My bike time is divided between road-riding (which I’m enjoying far more since getting off a sports bike and onto a super naked, limited to between April and October), and off-roading (all year-round).

As you’re nearby we should meet up sometime for a beer, what d’ya reckon?

jer r1
18-12-19, 12:58 PM
LOL. Yep. Do any aocial riding or all blood bikes now?
Yes still riding for fun, hopefully be out and about over Christmas.