PDA

View Full Version : Cheers pal

wiltshire builders
30-07-19, 10:11 PM
Last Sunday I got up early and took a blast down the A39 to Lynmouth.
Great weather, great roads and not a lot of traffic.
On the way home, as I came through Marksbury, I stopped behind a car waiting to turn right.
One of the approaching cars put his left indicator on then flashed his lights several times. Good man. The car in front proceeded to make the turn only to slam his brakes on as the oncoming car sailed past his bonnet.
What the hell was he playing at?
All was revealed around the next bend when I saw the police speed camera.
The "good Samaritan" was warning other drivers (illegal) and will never know how close he came to causing a wreck.
They're out there so keep 'em peeled!

BB
30-07-19, 11:02 PM
Wow, you have to watch other road users closely and not take anything for granted!

Dinodog
31-07-19, 01:41 PM
flashing your lights is a warning your there.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/general-rules-techniques-and-advice-for-all-drivers-and-riders-103-to-158
Rule 110Flashing headlights. Only flash your headlights to let other road users know that you are there. Do not flash your headlights to convey any other message or intimidate other road users.

Badger-Roy
31-07-19, 03:42 PM
Personally I think anyone that gets flashed by someone they don't know and takes that unknown persons opinion that the coast is safe and clear and pulls out without checking for themselves that it's safe needs their head examined. There was more than one person at fault there, not just the one that flashed.

wiltshire builders
31-07-19, 08:55 PM
Personally I think anyone that gets flashed by someone they don't know and takes that unknown persons opinion that the coast is safe and clear and pulls out without checking for themselves that it's safe needs their head examined. There was more than one person at fault there, not just the one that flashed.

My pet peeve lately is when I've stopped behind an obstruction on my side of the road to let the oncoming car through and then they stop and start flashing to let me through!
1. I've already stopped.
2. The obstruction is on my side so I have to let you through.
3. You're not being helpful.
4. You are not getting a thank you, D*ck head!
Just drive.

BB
31-07-19, 10:09 PM
My pet peeve lately is when I've stopped behind an obstruction on my side of the road to let the oncoming car through and then they stop and start flashing to let me through!
1. I've already stopped.
Just drive.

Totally agree

Badger-Roy
01-08-19, 07:39 AM
1. I've already stopped.
Just drive.
yep I'm with you there, it's kinda like if you was holding the door open for someone then them grabbing the door also and saying "no no after you", there's being polite and then there's bring a plum.

Mitch9128
01-08-19, 10:54 AM
1. I've already stopped.
Just drive.

Or complete 'tards in front of you, turning right, but flash a car out first, especially when you're on a bike, and/or the car they flash out, is a pensioner, in a frikkin Yaris.

Badger-Roy
01-08-19, 11:54 AM
Or complete 'tards in front of you, turning right, but flash a car out first, especially when you're on a bike, and/or the car they flash out, is a pensioner, in a frikkin Yaris.

Iv been guilty of that if Iv had an car tailgating me, week before last I was out on the bike and I'd had a car tailgating me for 5 mins, convinced we was having a race (we really wasn't, I was just enjoying a gentle ride), as I went to turn off there was a couple of cars towing caravans waiting to pull out and it was soooo satisfying letting them out in front before turning just to annoy the boyracer that'd been buzzing me like a fly the last 5 mins :D .

BB
01-08-19, 12:49 PM
Iv been guilty of that if Iv had an car tailgating me, week before last I was out on the bike and I'd had a car tailgating me for 5 mins, convinced we was having a race (we really wasn't, I was just enjoying a gentle ride), as I went to turn off there was a couple of cars towing caravans waiting to pull out and it was soooo satisfying letting them out in front before turning just to annoy the boyracer that'd been buzzing me like a fly the last 5 mins :D .

Magic :D:D:D

Scotty
01-08-19, 01:51 PM
What boils my p!ss are the car drivers who feel compelled to brake as you're overtaking them.. WTF? Even a 125 being ridden spiritedly doesn't really need any help to pass most cars. Lower speed passes aren't an issue really, the dopey driver only clocks you in their door mirror, by which time you're on your way, despite their "assistance". I've found in the past that when approaching a car at speed (allegedly...) you do a mental mapping of where the car is going to be when you get to it and plot your path accordingly. Car driver wakes out of their coma and sees a fast-approaching headlight in their mirror, and hits the brakes... Whoa! Their car is now travelling more slowly than it was and is much closer than anticipated and a relatively simple pass morphs into an avoidance manoeuvre.

And another thing.... while I'm here ;-)
What is it with numbnuts car drivers who insist on indicating right at roundabouts when they're going straight ahead? I don't recall a section in the Highway Code that states "if not turning left, a driver should indicate right". Do these fecktards indicate right when going straight on at a crossroads? I doubt it. If any of you happen to be in a vehicle whose driver does this, please ask them why, I'd be interested to hear the "logic" behind their actions.

wiltshire builders
01-08-19, 07:46 PM
There's a small roundabout near me and I've lost count of the number of cars that indicate LEFT to go straight on.
Yes, left! and I've absolutely no idea why

Badger-Roy
01-08-19, 08:14 PM
There's a small roundabout near me and I've lost count of the number of cars that indicate LEFT to go straight on.
Yes, left! and I've absolutely no idea why
Because the Highway Code states you have to and I quote directly from rule 186 subsection 3 in the Highway Code, "signal left after you have passed the exit before the one you want".
So from your picture you should indicate left at Gibbs ct to continue on down park lane (but NOT before), even if you was going directly over the roundabout, the only time this rule should be ignored is on a mini roundabout.
It's one of the many pointless rules in the Highway Code that no one with an ounce of common sense actually does in real life.

wiltshire builders
01-08-19, 10:25 PM
Because the Highway Code states you have to and I quote directly from rule 186 subsection 3 in the Highway Code, "signal left after you have passed the exit before the one you want".
So from your picture you should indicate left at Gibbs ct to continue on down park lane (but NOT before), even if you was going directly over the roundabout, the only time this rule should be ignored is on a mini roundabout.
It's one of the many pointless rules in the Highway Code that no one with an ounce of common sense actually does in real life.
I think the rule makes perfect sense. It stops people waiting unnecessarily for a car turning off, thus increasing the flow of traffic.
What these idiots are doing is driving up to the roundabout with their left indicator on when they are going straight on leading to me pulling out on them as they have indicated that they are turning left into Gibbs Court.

Badger-Roy
01-08-19, 10:34 PM
What these idiots are doing is driving up to the roundabout with their left indicator on when they are going straight on leading to me pulling out on them as they have indicated that they are turning left into Gibbs Court.
Ahh there's an easy reason as to why they do that, it's because their a bunch of dicks :D.

Badger-Roy
01-08-19, 10:39 PM
As they say "you can't fix stupid but you can numb it with a length of 2x4".

DC
01-08-19, 10:53 PM
Just had it tonight , between Semington and Seend in the dark , in the rain on freshly laid loose chippings , a car right up my proverbial , headlamp glare in the mirrors . It really staggers me sometimes . It seems to be the species generally , one large unified gaping Arseho*e !!!

Badger-Roy
01-08-19, 11:16 PM
one large unified gaping Arseho*e !!!
:( To graphic Mate, I was about to go to bed, now all I can think of is that big hole in the desert on Star Wars that eats people.

DC
01-08-19, 11:28 PM
Sarlacc Pit :rolleyes:

Badger-Roy
01-08-19, 11:43 PM
Sarlacc Pit :rolleyes:
That's the one. When I was a kid I was more scared of that than boba fett was when he fell in it, scared the bejesus out of me it did :D.

DC
01-08-19, 11:48 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/9a2f25627cd2f73cc2e757cbacc86d84/tenor.gif?itemid=5945478

Badger-Roy
01-08-19, 11:49 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/9a2f25627cd2f73cc2e757cbacc86d84/tenor.gif?itemid=5945478
:D