PDA

View Full Version : Triumph rear caliper interchangeability

Badger-Roy
28-04-19, 05:09 PM
Hi all. It seems my triumphs rear caliper is seized and the brake pad retaining bolts are seized solid and the Allen bolts are very rounded off so I think the easiest thing is to replace the caliper. Anyone know what triumph calipers are interchangeable? It's a 1997 triumph trophy 900. Cheers.

DC
28-04-19, 06:33 PM
The one in the link is a front Nissin for a carbed 900/1200 Trophy , but worth giving Trevor a call at Sprint Manufacturing , he's only down at Upton Lovell , the other side of Warminster . https://www.triumphparts.gbr.cc/product.php/2376612/

Badger-Roy
28-04-19, 07:35 PM
The one in the link is a front Nissin for a carbed 900/1200 Trophy , but worth giving Trevor a call at Sprint Manufacturing , he's only down at Upton Lovell , the other side of Warminster . https://www.triumphparts.gbr.cc/product.php/2376612/
Cheers mate, il give them ago, its sods law, I'm more or less up to taking a few short rides again and then this happens, :mad:.

WR6133
29-04-19, 07:13 AM
Try a drill and stud extractors? If you are thinking of replacing it there's no harm attacking it with the brutal option. If successful you'll only need to replace the bolts.

Badger-Roy
29-04-19, 08:11 AM
Try a drill and stud extractors? If you are thinking of replacing it there's no harm attacking it with the brutal option. If successful you'll only need to replace the bolts.
True, I hadn't thought of it like that lol.

Badger-Roy
05-05-19, 11:04 AM
All sorted with little drama , an over sized Torx bit hammered into the Allen bolt head and out it came. (FULL DISCLOSURE: it wasn't my idea and it wasn't me that managed to do it :rolleyes:).

BB
06-05-19, 01:52 PM
Good to hear you got it sorted :cool:

Trev_P
06-05-19, 06:02 PM
All sorted with little drama , an over sized Torx bit hammered into the Allen bolt head and out it came. (FULL DISCLOSURE: it wasn't my idea and it wasn't me that managed to do it :rolleyes:).
you cant beat a bit of brute force and ignorance :D