PDA

View Full Version : Smart Shoei

Last Train
14-01-19, 07:32 PM
I love the idea, but don't know if i would want the distraction/s

https://www.visordown.com/news/product-news/shoei-hint-new-tech-laden-lid-bluetooth-and-hud

DC
14-01-19, 07:59 PM
They sound pretty flash these gizmos , but think they're missing the whole point of riding a motorcycle , being in the moment and being completely immersed in the experience . When I'm riding the bike that's all I want to be doing .

BB
14-01-19, 08:07 PM
Got enough on the road to distract you with more stuff inside your helmet lol

Scotty
15-01-19, 08:31 AM
Totally agree, how much of a distraction is that head-up display going to be, and how are you supposed to see beyond it to clearly identify the upcoming pothole or whatever other hazard might be presenting itself to you? Tech for tech's sake is what it sounds like to me, so tossers can boast about it in the pub (do people still do that?), at the bike meet or more likely, on-line somewhere. Personally, I'll stick to getting my info from the bike's display and what my eyes can see for themselves.

Last Train
15-01-19, 09:20 AM
Hmm...

A, 'luke warm' ;), response..

I wonder what feedback the marketing department at Shoei read ?

Trev
15-01-19, 10:20 AM
They sound pretty flash these gizmos , but think they're missing the whole point of riding a motorcycle , being in the moment and being completely immersed in the experience . When I'm riding the bike that's all I want to be doing .

100% agree, no bluetooth to phone or music for me and only satnav on long trips and even then only if needed to find an actual desitnation not to follow routes. I even notice a difference in the number of times I get dsitracted between my older bikes with minimal info and my modern (for me at least) Africa Twin with various modes and readouts to fidddle with and that's pretty simple compared to many bikes these days. Biking is about being in the moment not being somewhere else in your head.

Badger-Roy
15-01-19, 10:42 AM
Not for me, just more modern life ****e getting in the way of what biking is really all about.
Also as a biker that wears glasses and is used to the lenses steaming up every time I go below 10mph I don't see how that little HUD screen won't be fogging up constantly.

BB
15-01-19, 11:08 AM
Good point Badger-Roy

Dabz
15-01-19, 11:20 AM
Riding a bike is one of the few activities where you have no choice other than to focus on what you're doing. Let's hope they don't try to ruin it with technology and a constant feed of information!

BugsyB
15-01-19, 12:22 PM
Jet fighter pilots have been using these for years. Not sure there's any point on a bike.

Trev_P
15-01-19, 02:08 PM
100% agree, no bluetooth to phone or music for me and only satnav on long trips. Biking is about being in the moment not being somewhere else in your head.
Total agreement with my namesake here, also i doubt if there is any more room in my lid what with all the voices and all :p

i saw something like this floated a few years back, it also had constant rear view vision feed, just to many distractions i think.

I suppose the only good reason for a HUD on a bike is to target all those imaginary missiles that you can fire at A-hole road users.... or is that just me lol

BB
15-01-19, 02:31 PM
Total agreement with my namesake here, also i doubt if there is any more room in my lid what with all the voices and all :p

i saw something like this floated a few years back, it also had constant rear view vision feed, just to many distractions i think.

I suppose the only good reason for a HUD on a bike is to target all those imaginary missiles that you can fire at A-hole road users.... or is that just me lol

No I think you are perfectly correct, my voices would help me to target the missiles too :p

Trev_P
15-01-19, 03:35 PM
No I think you are perfectly correct, my voices would help me to target the missiles too :p

:D

Wes
15-01-19, 06:33 PM
Only if it gives me all the right braking/ turn in and lines through the corners on track :)

shiftyblake
16-01-19, 10:41 PM
It’s the perfect accessory for your Polite Vest, GS and white and orange striped stickers riders. Oh does it come in white 😂😂😂