PDA

View Full Version : Near miss - brown trousers - Calne

shiftyblake
18-11-18, 10:47 AM
A range rover stopped to turn right onto the devises road from Calne. I was travelling down from Cherhill hill through to Calne. As the vehicle had stopped and waited I thought all was well. But something must have distracted the driver. As I passed they drove into the side of my bike and emergency stopped an inch away. Square onto the side of me. Would have been a perfect shot on the sides of me. It really shocked them as they stayed in this position for a while. I didn’t even get chance to brake. I was doing about 30 as it was dark and thought I would be careful!
Even if you think your safe you’re not! I think they must have been looking at satnav/phone and when they looked up I was in there A pillar blind spot.. them thinking I had past!!

Fu££in ar&3e and feck to all car drivers !!!

wiltshire builders
18-11-18, 11:52 AM
Glad you're ok.
The A pillar on modern cars are ridiculous these days. I don't own a car but when I borrow the wife's, I always double check and peer either side of it.

BB
18-11-18, 02:53 PM
Wow, lucky indeed!:eek:

Last Train
18-11-18, 03:08 PM
A range rover stopped to turn right onto the devises road from Calne. I was travelling down from Cherhill hill through to Calne. As the vehicle had stopped and waited I thought all was well. But something must have distracted the driver. As I passed they drove into the side of my bike and emergency stopped an inch away. Square onto the side of me. Would have been a perfect shot on the sides of me. It really shocked them as they stayed in this position for a while. I didn’t even get chance to brake. I was doing about 30 as it was dark and thought I would be careful!
Even if you think your safe you’re not! I think they must have been looking at satnav/phone and when they looked up I was in there A pillar blind spot.. them thinking I had past!!

Fu££in ar&3e and feck to all car drivers !!!

Kin ell shifty...:eek:

Even if you think your safe you’re not!

That's it in a nutshell..

No matter how hard we learn/concentrate and how much we experience/prepare, you never really know what they're gonna do.

Burbler
18-11-18, 03:37 PM
Know how you feel. Had a near miss recently but that was my fault. If you're a cat, you have 8 left.

shiftyblake
18-11-18, 07:38 PM
It sounds like a yawning cliche. But I was over to the left of the lane and had slowed down. Just as taught in ROSPA. I think that extra space saved me. Although you could argue I wouldn’t have been in the A pillar at that moment !!!!
In a nutshell in the dark yesterday in a similar situation I sounded my horn just to be sure!!

Wes
18-11-18, 07:58 PM
Self preservation mate, assume nothing. Ive had a few close ones over the years, as I think we all have at some point. I usually try to have a bit of an escape plan. Ive done a couple of days out with Instructors, and Its been all to the good :)

shiftyblake
20-11-18, 09:00 PM
I am a ROSPA tutor. I slowed down and moved over to the left naturally. Which saved me from being hit and learning that adrenaline is brown.

Liza Jack
29-11-18, 06:07 PM
A pillar is not good. Scares me at times

shiftyblake
30-11-18, 08:55 PM
A pillar is not good. Scares me at times

Just got to take it steady eh