PDA

View Full Version : Servicing & MOT's

Trev_P
18-10-18, 01:42 PM
anyone recommend some decent bike servicing and MOT places: Swindon/Melksham/Devizes/Trowbridge sort of areas.

DC
18-10-18, 01:56 PM
I always use Steve Lynham at Kingsdown , Honest , straightforward , never any issues . http://www.stevelynhammotorcycles.co.uk/

BB
18-10-18, 03:28 PM
Using Blade Swindon at the moment. Seem very pleasant and helpful.
Always found Phoenix Trowbridge helpful too

Trev_P
18-10-18, 07:55 PM
I had been taking it back to where i bought it (honda dealer) but after the last farce where they never changed plugs or air filter, i even doubt they changed the oil tbh although they did an MOT and all for the princley sum of my right arm !
so i am taking it elsewhere this time

kingsdown is not to far defo one to go on the list
blade is an option, again not a million miles away :)

Badger-Roy
18-10-18, 08:47 PM
Iv always used vince at VP motorcycles for repairs and MOTs and have never had cause to complain. His prices are good and his work 1st class, and he makes a good cuppa. http://vpmotorcycles.co.uk/
Hes in salisbury so a little further on but it's a nice ride over and there's always Sarum airfield to watch while your bikes being worked on.
(or you can go Russian spy hunting ;) )

Mitch9128
19-10-18, 07:22 AM
Servicing I do all myself, but MOT I use Paul Cridge on Whitehills in Wootton Bassett, for both cars and bikes, a sensible MOT tester.

Trev_P
19-10-18, 09:09 AM
pmsl - do you have to supply your own novachock :p
(or you can go Russian spy hunting ;) )[/QUOTE]

Trev_P
19-10-18, 09:12 AM
just round the corner from me, i could walk it. its funny that estate has a lot of really good businesses and yet its the last place anyone seems to look.
he could even sort out my van :o

Servicing I do all myself, but MOT I use Paul Cridge on Whitehills in Wootton Bassett, for both cars and bikes, a sensible MOT tester.

Mitch9128
20-10-18, 09:12 AM
Been using him since I got to Chippenham 12 years ago, trust him implicitly with our vehicles, tell him Nick sent you ��

Trev_P
20-10-18, 10:28 AM
cheers, will do :cool:

Been using him since I got to Chippenham 12 years ago, trust him implicitly with our vehicles, tell him Nick sent you 😁

GezTheHealer
21-10-18, 08:43 AM
I use P&L motors in Warminster for services and MOT’s, seems reasonably priced and capable. Paul’s a nice fella and has Lots of experience working on bikes. Had the headstock bearings replaced there, valves checked, full service & MOT from them this year. Easy to recommend.

Trev_P
21-10-18, 10:26 AM
cheers luke :cool:

I use P&L motors in Warminster for services and MOT’s, seems reasonably priced and capable. Paul’s a nice fella and has Lots of experience working on bikes. Had the headstock bearings replaced there, valves checked, full service & MOT from them this year. Easy to recommend.