PDA

View Full Version : New Way to Die

Burbler
05-10-18, 01:40 PM
Just beginning to get some confidence back when...

Ashton by pass ( A 370 ) into Bristol, drifting down the outside lane and closing on 2 cars on the inside lane. The front one of these suddenly tries a u-turn, can't get into the outbound carriageway and ends uip broadside and stationary across one and a half lanes. Frightened me sick.

BB
05-10-18, 02:23 PM
Sh*t, sounds like they are out to get you lately!! :eek:

take care out there

Trev_P
05-10-18, 03:26 PM
sounds like a typical day in the life of a biker, i do hope you gave them a demonstration of your grasp of expletives lol

Badger-Roy
05-10-18, 04:26 PM
sounds like a typical day in the life of a biker, i do hope you gave them a demonstration of your grasp of expletives lol
:) I learnt lotsa new words when I took up biking, and hand signals.

GezTheHealer
05-10-18, 04:34 PM
Just beginning to get some confidence back when...

Ashton by pass ( A 370 ) into Bristol, drifting down the outside lane and closing on 2 cars on the inside lane. The front one of these suddenly tries a u-turn, can't get into the outbound carriageway and ends uip broadside and stationary across one and a half lanes. Frightened me sick.

Sounds frightening. Why couldn’t they wait for a roundabout? Sounds like you left youself good space. I’m paranoid about drivers when on the bike, always feel invisible to them and cover the lights, horn and front break when passing/passing junctions. Just don’t want them to pull out into me.

Badger-Roy
05-10-18, 04:43 PM
I went though a safety man stage a year or so ago and wore a high viz helmet, jacket and gloves, made no difference whatsoever, it just gave me something to point at angrily when people tried to kill me.
Now I just have high viz cameras front and back on the bikes and that seems quite effective which shows that 99% of the time it's not that they don't see you, it's that they don't give a toss.

Trev_P
05-10-18, 05:26 PM
:D

Trev_P
05-10-18, 05:30 PM
most car drivers only drive the bonnet, nothing else on the road exists, as for feeling invisible to them - thats because you are. it's one reason i like to have exhausts that can be heard coz if they cant see you they can hear you (well most of the time) :)

Sounds frightening. Why couldn’t they wait for a roundabout? Sounds like you left youself good space. I’m paranoid about drivers when on the bike, always feel invisible to them and cover the lights, horn and front break when passing/passing junctions. Just don’t want them to pull out into me.

BB
05-10-18, 05:55 PM

Didn't we all :cool:

Burbler
05-10-18, 07:43 PM
http://www.russellrazholder.com/public_docs/images/GroupRiderHandSignalsmorewww.jpg

Dazr
05-10-18, 09:04 PM
Hope you let them know the error of their ways, you just have to allow for all the idiots on the roads.

Burbler
05-10-18, 09:39 PM
Hope you let them know the error of their ways, you just have to allow for all the idiots on the roads.

Didn't have a chance. Self preservation came first.

My dear old dad used to say 'using your horn is a waste of avoidance assets'.

Another of his was 'there is a dead cow in the road around every corner. Make sure someone has removed it before you accelerate out'.

shiftyblake
06-10-18, 08:59 PM
I remember riding up the M6 just moved out into outside lane and the guy in the middle lane at 80 mph did an emergency stop to 0. Turn 90 left to take a slip road he just remembered. Caused carnage and a lorry lost control as it passed in front of his cab. Saw it all in the mirror. Thought **** I was just behind that guy at 80 middle lane and not riding anywhere near 2 second rule. I would have been a very fast instant garfield on his back windscreen.. I know how you feel. Ride safe

BB
07-10-18, 08:45 AM
I remember riding up the M6 just moved out into outside lane and the guy in the middle lane at 80 mph did an emergency stop to 0. Turn 90 left to take a slip road he just remembered. Caused carnage and a lorry lost control as it passed in front of his cab. Saw it all in the mirror. Thought **** I was just behind that guy at 80 middle lane and not riding anywhere near 2 second rule. I would have been a very fast instant garfield on his back windscreen.. I know how you feel. Ride safe

bloody hell :eek::eek: