PDA

View Full Version : The Wormeth Hath Turneth

Burbler
22-08-18, 07:21 PM
Front and one side panel on. Mirrors on.

Lights, indicators and horn work.

Other side curing overnight.

Blue smoke completely gone.

Pillion go-faster cowl to do.

Now just need ......

Burbler
22-08-18, 07:26 PM

Last Train
22-08-18, 07:51 PM
:cool:

Badger-Roy
22-08-18, 08:24 PM
Front and one side panel on. Mirrors on.

Lights, indicators and horn work.

Other side curing overnight.

Blue smoke completely gone.

Pillion go-faster cowl to do.

Now just need ......
Exciting times :).

Badger-Roy
22-08-18, 08:24 PM

True dat ;).

BB
22-08-18, 08:46 PM

Oh so true :cool:

Trev_P
23-08-18, 12:36 PM
Glad its all coming together (literally) :D

Burbler
23-08-18, 06:31 PM
All back together after a couple of re-dos except for seat cowl repair now curing.

As I have to wait for the gear lever, I removed the pillion / silencer hangers to address 17 yrs of salt damage...aaaaarrrrgggghhhh

Burbler
26-08-18, 11:13 AM
Hangers refurbed and painted alloy wheel grey.

Gear lever arrived. The dimensions given by the vendor were right but one silly little angle is wrong. Looked OK in the pic. Spent several hours trying all sorts but was thwarted every time.

Have now bodged the old one by cutting off the remaining stub, drilling it through and inserting a bolt.

Will try it when the rain stops.

Burbler
28-08-18, 07:38 PM
New lever u/s so drilled the original. Gear probs, can either get 123 or 234 (static)....mmm.

Also side stand had had a bit of a thump and was fouling the lever linkage - took me 2 days to find that one.

Last Train
28-08-18, 08:50 PM
Softly softly, catchee monkey :)

Burbler
29-08-18, 08:15 AM
https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP. _2F40VSVaoLjWeuUhoBRqAHaF7%26pid%3D15.1&f=1

Burbler
31-08-18, 04:47 PM
SO...managed to get a gear lever to fit. Bit the bullet and tried for a little ride as if it didn't perform, I would have SORNed it (today) and let the insurance run out (2 weeks).

However it rolled. Gear selection difficult (think it had had a bash), tickover very high, a bit of bluers.

Went along the Portway and back. Flat, 40 limit and a bus lane on the return.

Tickover sorted itself out, gear selection improved a lot and bluers did not affect the oil level.

Looks like good news.

Might open some shampoo ce soir.

Badger-Roy
31-08-18, 05:10 PM
SO...managed to get a gear lever to fit. Bit the bullet and tried for a little ride as if it didn't perform, I would have SORNed it (today) and let the insurance run out (2 weeks).

However it rolled. Gear selection difficult (think it had had a bash), tickover very high, a bit of bluers.

Tickover sorted itself out, gear selection improved a lot and bluers did not affect the oil level.

Looks like good news.

Good to hear, ride on :)

Trev_P
31-08-18, 08:47 PM
yay it lives !!
great to hear young sir :)

Looks like good news.

BB
03-09-18, 08:50 PM

Looks like good news.

Good news indeed :cool: