PDA

View Full Version : CSI (Crash Scene Info)

Burbler
06-08-18, 02:16 PM
Several have suggested **** on the road. I was out of it at the time and had not much interest.

However, I have had a look on Ggl and there is a farm exit in exactly that place.

Burbler
06-08-18, 02:18 PM

Badger-Roy
06-08-18, 03:51 PM
Be honest Larry, was you trying to get your knee down? ;)

Trev_P
06-08-18, 04:04 PM
if you can prove there was muck on the road you may have recourse against the farm in the same way you would if suds were in the road from someone washing their car caused you to have an off

Several have suggested **** on the road. I was out of it at the time and had not much interest.

However, I have had a look on Ggl and there is a farm exit in exactly that place.

Badger-Roy
06-08-18, 04:08 PM
if you can prove there was muck on the road you may have recourse against the farm in the same way you would if suds were in the road from someone washing their car caused you to have an off
On paper yes but I doubt you would have any luck proven it in court or even getting your insurance company to make a claim. I know two blokes that had offs that were directly caused by mud left on the road(one was a by farm and the other a building site), one was even on camera, nether of their insurance company's were even slightly interested in taking action on their behalf.

Burbler
06-08-18, 06:54 PM
Be honest Larry, was you trying to get your knee down? ;)

I'm thinking of quite another place to put my knee.

Badger-Roy
06-08-18, 08:29 PM
I'm thinking of quite another place to put my knee.
:eek:

On a serious note that farm track looks as if its gravel, wonder if you hit a few marble like stones, that would give the sensation of a floaty front wheel and no brakes.

Burbler
06-08-18, 09:15 PM
Never known anything like it, despite writing off two other bikes.

I had NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER. All perfectly normal - then - split second - wrecked.

I thought the whole front end had separated from the frame or the front wheel had fallen off.

As the days go by, I am considering not getting back on the horse.

Badger-Roy
06-08-18, 09:21 PM
As the days go by, I am considering not getting back on the horse.

Put that thought right out your head mate.

BB
06-08-18, 10:51 PM
Put that thought right out your head mate.

Seconded

Dazr
08-08-18, 08:52 PM
As the days go by, I am considering not getting back on the horse.[/QUOTE]

You will miss it too much. Don't get on a horse in case thats what left the mess on the road. At least try it before making any decision.

Burbler
08-08-18, 09:31 PM
Yeah Daz. I will miss it. Been on and off a bike since 1964.

Been 'worried' b4 but this was SCARY

Tiger Cub, 350 Norton, 750 Connie and an 88 Dommie

This incident has put me on the back foot. The yellow peril has become like a faithful dog.

Small consolation sat on the road in the shape of a 1137 Bird. Need sleep.

Burbler
08-08-18, 09:32 PM
...and wine

Burbler
09-08-18, 10:41 AM
Bike now recovered to my house. Managed to get it onto the centre stand (with a little help) and removed battery.

Seems to be stuck in gear. L foot peg and gear lever ripped off. Pillion pod cracked. Somehow brake pedal jammed on the other side, bit weird that.

That's enough exercise for today.

Badger-Roy
09-08-18, 12:14 PM
Bike now recovered to my house. Managed to get it onto the centre stand (with a little help) and removed battery.

Seems to be stuck in gear. L foot peg and gear level ripped off. Pillion pod cracked. Somehow brake pedal jammed on the other side, bit weird that.

That's enough exercise for today.
Strange things happen when a bikes bouncing down the tarmac on its side, would you say it's realistically repairable? Got any pics?

Burbler
09-08-18, 01:28 PM
Strange things happen when a bikes bouncing down the tarmac on its side, would you say it's realistically repairable? Got any pics?

Oooo ! Pics. Never thought of that.

Luckily, I have another on stripped and in the cellar. Can sort the bent cockpit frame, water pump and most of fairing. Need to get it out of gear, fill it up with coolant
and run it for a while.

Trouble is I'm still quite uncomfortable around the ribs and right wrist. Will need to do little bits at a time. No rush, I couldn't possibly ride for a while anyway.

Burbler
09-08-18, 01:41 PM
Pics taken - have coffee - now to work out how to get them out of camera and onto computer.

shiftyblake
07-09-18, 01:40 PM
Reading your thread reminded me of mine. Rounded a perfect corner a few weeks ago and the MTS front washed out. No warning. Massive amounts of grit in road. This was in France. Gave insurer pictures of the gravel road but they wouldn’t declare it as a no fault accident.
Written off. I won’t buy another adventure bike as CO Gravity is too high and front to light with panniers full. Only bike in 26 years that would snap the front end out.
Gone back to a lower sports type bike, having always managed to save, slide on ice and mud in the years of riding.

Dazr
09-09-18, 10:13 PM
Hi Larry, It was good to see you out on the rideout today, still can believe how much the panels were to repair your bike. Someone is making a good profit on those panels, have to say it looked good would not have thought anything had happened to it.

Burbler
10-09-18, 08:31 AM
Hi Larry, It was good to see you out on the rideout today, still can believe how much the panels were to repair your bike. Someone is making a good profit on those panels, have to say it looked good would not have thought anything had happened to it.

Simple supply and demand - no supply. Were never many of that model sold and it was 17 yrs ago. Spares not made any more for some while now.

Trev_P
10-09-18, 04:34 PM
Sorry to see you leave us yesterday, but your health comes first. good to see the old girl again tho