PDA

View Full Version : Twas a dry day...

Last Train
01-04-18, 07:52 PM
Did anyone manage to get out and about ?

After a Sod’s law flat battery scuppered our initial plan, I headed off with Bruv and his new toy.

Had a real good blat around a fave little loop.

To Shaftesbury, through to Wilton via the Fovant Badges and home.

Nippy, but great fun.

:D

Badger-Roy
01-04-18, 08:53 PM
Did anyone manage to get out and about ?

After a Sod’s law flat battery scuppered our initial plan, I headed off with Bruv and his new toy.

Had a real good blat around a fave little loop.

To Shaftesbury, through to Wilton via the Fovant Badges and home.

Nippy, but great fun.

:D
I took the triumph out for about an hour this morning to AppleShaw-chute-tangley woods into Andover and this afternoon managed an hour playing on the plains on the KTM, was actually a nice day up till 6.30 when the sky opened up. The good thing bout the KTM is i still get to ride in the crappy weather. That said I do still prefer riding in the sunshine :).

DC
01-04-18, 09:02 PM
Was nice out , but a tad chilly , managed a regular localish loop , Avebury,Calne,Chippers,Melksham,Semington,Seend,De vizes,Silbury,Marlborough, stopped at Cherhill to put the glove liners in ! 84 miles and cold enough to warrant a hot shower when I got back .

So the Bro's got a new toy has he ..............? :cool:

Badger-Roy
01-04-18, 09:10 PM
Was nice out , but a tad chilly , managed a regular localish loop , Avebury,Calne,Chippers,Melksham,Semington,Seend,De vizes,Silbury,Marlborough, stopped at Cherhill to put the glove liners in ! 84 miles and cold enough to warrant a hot shower when I got back .

So the Bro's got a new toy has he ..............? :cool:
That Devizes to Avebury roads a fast fast road, I hear it's possible to almost triple the speed limit on a zzr1100 :o:rolleyes:

Dazr
01-04-18, 09:55 PM
I managed to get out this afternoon but as already said it was a little fresh, actually colder than i thought it would be. At least was able to get out for a change...

Dazr
01-04-18, 09:58 PM
I took the triumph out for about an hour this morning to AppleShaw-chute-tangley woods into Andover and this afternoon managed an hour playing on the plains on the KTM, was actually a nice day up till 6.30 when the sky opened up. The good thing bout the KTM is i still get to ride in the crappy weather. That said I do still prefer riding in the sunshine :).

I can imagine that is the good thing about the KTM does not matter about the weather.

Badger-Roy
01-04-18, 10:05 PM
I can imagine that is the good thing about the KTM does not matter about the weather.
I must admit you do find yourself taken the worst route to see if it can get over the mud and crap, and so far it's not got stuck.

Dazr
01-04-18, 10:27 PM
I must admit you do find yourself taken the worst route to see if it can get over the mud and crap, and so far it's not got stuck.

What KTM is did you say it was a 300? is it road registered as well so you can use iron the road. Where do you find these bikes is it eBay??? might start looking myself if i can convince the Mrs i need another bike ....lol

fragglepete
01-04-18, 11:33 PM
Wanted too, but family around all day.

And now it's bloody snowing again! I kid you not.

Pete

Badger-Roy
02-04-18, 07:46 AM
What KTM is did you say it was a 300? is it road registered as well so you can use iron the road. Where do you find these bikes is it eBay??? might start looking myself if i can convince the Mrs i need another bike ....lol
It's the ktm exc450, it goes like a stabbed rat and can wheelie in every gear. Yeah it's all road legal with a years MOT and cheap as you like to insure (£69 fully comp). I found this one on gumtree and was only in Amesbury so virtually on my doorstep, it looked like crap when I brought it but under that crap was a good bike that's had an easy life and had good money spent on it, the full titanium akrapovic exhaust is almost worth as much as I paid for the bike. I spend a lot of time bargain hunting on eBay/gumtree/shpock etc lol. Soon as I take some il put a pic up of it.

Badger-Roy
02-04-18, 07:48 AM
Wanted too, but family around all day.

And now it's bloody snowing again! I kid you not.

Pete
you can keep the snow lol, the rain here's bad enough.

Wes
02-04-18, 11:07 AM
Did get out, but to Weston with the family. There were a few bikes around, and a really decent car show on the green, which was a bonus :)

Dazr
02-04-18, 07:42 PM
It's the ktm exc450, it goes like a stabbed rat and can wheelie in every gear. Yeah it's all road legal with a years MOT and cheap as you like to insure (£69 fully comp). I found this one on gumtree and was only in Amesbury so virtually on my doorstep, it looked like crap when I brought it but under that crap was a good bike that's had an easy life and had good money spent on it, the full titanium akrapovic exhaust is almost worth as much as I paid for the bike. I spend a lot of time bargain hunting on eBay/gumtree/shpock etc lol. Soon as I take some il put a pic up of it.

Love the quote "goes like a stabbed rat" made me smile. Sounds like you got a great bike then, be good to see some pics of it. Insurance that cheap....

Dazr
02-04-18, 07:42 PM
you can keep the snow lol, the rain here's bad enough.

Yes agree you can keep the snow, the winter just seems to be going on and on.... enough now.