PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP

Dazr
18-03-18, 06:26 PM
Good opening race to the season today, as the weather was so bad a good excuse to watch all three races. Pleased for the winner of the MotoGP race, won't say who in case others have it recorded to watch.

Last Train
18-03-18, 06:51 PM
Yep,

Was a great start to the season.

BugsyB
18-03-18, 09:19 PM
Agreed. It sure does make F1 look a trifle boring. I'd recommend any bike fan to visit one of the Southern European rounds of the Season. Jerez is probably the best. The whole city becomes bike-centric. Just remember to take earplugs for a decent nights sleep. Bikes on race cans buzz around all night. The police all seem to take holiday, or volunteer for traffic duties at the circuit. Fabulous.

Dazr
18-03-18, 10:04 PM
I have only ever been to Silverstone, but keep thinking one year will have to make the journey to warmer climate to enjoy MotoGP.

Wes
20-03-18, 05:46 PM
Great Racing and a really good result :)

Chicky
21-03-18, 01:07 PM
Was so exciting!!! :D

Burbler
21-03-18, 08:42 PM
Had avoided this thread as have only (recorded) terrestrial coverage. Need to be so careful not to hear the result anywhere.

Did enjoy it this evening, looks like another good season.

Burbler
21-03-18, 08:48 PM
Remember, a few yrs ago, coming home from work in Porthcawl on an F1 Sunday.

Was knackered mentally and fizzically and was looking forward to a season-defining race.

Made a sandwich or two, opened a bottle of eau-de-vin and made myself comfortable.

Turned on the telly and it happened to be on a news prog. The very first words emitted were 'and the xxxxxx GP was won by xxxxxxx'. Bah.

Dazr
21-03-18, 08:55 PM

Was knackered mentally and fizzically and was looking forward to a season-defining race.

Made a sandwich or two, opened a bottle of eau-de-vin and made myself comfortable.

Turned on the telly and it happened to be on a news prog. The very first words emitted were 'and the xxxxxx GP was won by xxxxxxx'. Bah.

I know what you mean i try to avoid all TV, social media until i know the results if i have recorded it. Not easy nowadays with notifications from every other App...

Badger-Roy
22-03-18, 05:50 AM

year before last I was unable to watch the F1 live so I recorded it and avoided everything and everyone like the plague that was likely to know and show the result, and what happens? I got a news headline update notification on my Iphone with the result. :(

BB
22-03-18, 09:46 AM
Wonderful thing social media lol. I knew the result within minutes of it happening but kept quiet so himself wouldn't know as he isn't on the same sites as me, then he buys his usual MCN and reads it before watching it on TV last night! Doh

Chicky
23-03-18, 07:29 AM
I follow most of the riders and presenters on twitter so have to avoid that if I’m not watching live. Gonna be a great season across all three classes...with nobody romping away with the title too early!

billinom8
28-03-18, 11:30 PM
sounds like a bloody good reason to make the trip down then.

I'm gonna be at Portimao when they are racing at Misano so hopefully there will be a bar or two showing the racing.

Dazr
29-03-18, 06:36 PM
I follow most of the riders and presenters on twitter so have to avoid that if I’m not watching live. Gonna be a great season across all three classes...with nobody romping away with the title too early!

Yes should be a great season, i have to admit would like to see another champion in MotoGP this year. Can you imagine how Dovi would be if he won.....

wheelers
30-03-18, 04:40 PM
Did the German GP in 1985, took the CBX750 and the mrs stayed at Koblenz for the week and rode over to the Nurburgring. great atmosphere and bikes everywhere, in one of the villages there is a Suzuki GT750 (kettle) front end hanging out of an upstairs wall, now we have a house In France might get to Lemans or Spa somewhen.
cant beat the scream and smell of the 2 strokes.