PDA

View Full Version : Clubs

Arek
15-02-18, 12:16 AM
Hi guys.

I'm riding on the bike long enough to know that this kind of questions in internet are hmm "ignorant", or even more stronger word could be used:-)
However in my case it can be somehow forgiven I hope.
I love ride with you guys, and I will definitely continue that. But I'm at that point when I started thinking about joining to some motorcycle club. More MC/ MCC than internet friends riding group.
The biggest problem is that I'm foreigner and very quiet person, which definitely do not help make a lot of friends or contacts. Also 12 years in UK is not enough to know who and where ;-)
Any suggestion or help will be very welcomed.
Thanks

DC
15-02-18, 01:29 PM
https://www.ogrimcc.org/contact-us/

DC
15-02-18, 01:54 PM
There also used to be a guy who posted on here a while back , They have their clubhouse at Norman Road in Swindon , but I don't think you can just ring them up and say you want to join :)

http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/showthread.php?38279-You-re-all-cordially-invited

Arek
15-02-18, 02:00 PM
Yeah. That's one of those which do not work like that :-)
I was a full club member 20 years ago in Poland, and I know how all works there. I really do not expect much differences in UK, and that's my main problem. I do not go to every bike meeting where some clubs can be, and not try to be "best friend hanging around" all the time.
If it work different way in UK please tell me now, maybe I was wrong for long time :-)

Badger-Roy
15-02-18, 03:13 PM
https://www.ogrimcc.org/contact-us/
About 15 years ago I used to know a couple called Tracy and Simon who were both patched in at ogrimcc, great couple and I was very in lust with tracy ;). I was thinking about joining a patched club ago but after looking into it and seeing the politics involved and the club ALWAYS coming 1st etc it just seemed like the enjoying biking was just a tiny part of it with the rest just hassle and generally invasive to my every day life. Each to their own but not for me.

DC
15-02-18, 10:36 PM
About 15 years ago I used to know a couple called Tracy and Simon who were both patched in at ogrimcc, great couple and I was very in lust with tracy ;). I was thinking about joining a patched club ago but after looking into it and seeing the politics involved and the club ALWAYS coming 1st etc it just seemed like the enjoying biking was just a tiny part of it with the rest just hassle and generally invasive to my every day life. Each to their own but not for me.

It's not really my bag . Riding around the countryside , drinking tea and eating cake is more my speed :cool:

Badger-Roy
16-02-18, 07:38 AM
It's not really my bag . Riding around the countryside , drinking tea and eating cake is more my speed :cool:
:) me to.

Arek
16-02-18, 08:34 AM
I got your point guys. I will not know if I do not check myself. That's the one thing. Another is, I really do like ride with other bikers, but I don't know anyone near by. Most of you guys are based some distance from my place, which not help for quick call and spin around.
I just telling you my point of view :D

Burbler
16-02-18, 09:32 AM
You could try Swindon Bikers and Cotswolds Bikers.

Arek
16-02-18, 10:25 AM
Swindon bikers are Facebook group. No idea about Cotswolds. I'm moved recently closer to Oxford rather than Swindon. And I'll stay here for longer time as we bought house :D
Thanks I'll check Cotswolds Bikers maybe as well.

BB
16-02-18, 02:15 PM
What about four counties bikers? are they still going?

Arek
16-02-18, 02:25 PM
They still on. I'm on the Facebook page. Most of them are located in Gloucester/ Bristol.

Dazr
16-02-18, 07:17 PM

I only did the one ride out with you guys last year, but would like to tag along for more ride outs this year. Like you say riding around the countryside, drinking tea and cake. Roll on spring...

BB
16-02-18, 09:41 PM
I only did the one ride out with you guys last year, but would like to tag along for more ride outs this year. Like you say riding around the countryside, drinking tea and cake. Roll on spring...

or maybe a coffee just for a change :cool:

Badger-Roy
16-02-18, 09:54 PM
or maybe a coffee just for a change :cool:
We had ice cream as well once :).

Dazr
16-02-18, 10:16 PM
We had ice cream as well once :).

Thats the ride i managed to join - ice cream.... summer days just around the corner - maybe

Arek
16-02-18, 10:37 PM
It was really good one. Except a bit poor pub after ice cream.

DC
16-02-18, 10:49 PM
Twas this one I believe , Larry's 32 Horses Run :cool: I'm definitely going to eat some ice cream this year !!!...............

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/uTowcKJooJq93YOT_EMnPXOS7ElTlF10F-fWvgHiM3PBhkVZACJcsPgs4WHI6RTo88xaIouThqurkDigv1ZA k4QazZnCME3jjF6gNq_UVj77gcLW9cMZDylg_c1Da5hG7PmKdJ titwyt9Txs_aIYmc6S-3PTXTvATuzBgH3_8FQNV2DnCVkI8-uyV-A_9-JrN0CWsTej-GhL0nG_Bpozq3-tYwadaxYhcK4KSW63We9LPkUouKfTRVtjCOgX6-1IxcJb67oaVU2pWQey7Cni0eiEkZt3v1ILXj62zPoQSRL76ziq KHmGjLFDgosmF3YBRshXhTZZwH74cruw7MjIgKaCpibFsgiYkS cC1S1bhGtmvTltGyqkLc9JqCKYOl4iGVj0To8Ws1iDFzrGoRph q9otNCePARlRkNKWYDfy5_-srIUHYfYUXGOt8Gk8aQIC9moV22timBrmpKaYcam5GwvznhGdE 7f4-MXDC6a16NKp7EOn1Q42jr_rV5Syu6oedMtRxS690bnIwR5tVU4 5ggr2DPm0vLd7g_X-jaYiUlocuvd1twZ7uapfzUguB4MbYKY0nMWDavpnFtSP3AGE9-K0vY-U4lDN2vKuB5I=w1026-h769-no

DC
16-02-18, 10:59 PM
You took that picture Kev , and you are actually in the picture , that would be your arm sticking out of Rosie's ear ! :)

Last Train
17-02-18, 09:14 AM
You took that picture Kev , and you are actually in the picture , that would be your arm sticking out of Rosie's ear ! :)

:cool:

@ The Rowdey Cow.

Mmmm ice cream :)