PDA

View Full Version : Damn pheasants

Badger-Roy
21-12-17, 08:03 PM
Im currantly sitting on my sofa, in pain and feeling sorry for myself. The reason?I'm riding home doing about 70 singing along with perry como in my ear then out of nowhere a pheasant runs across the road then back again and at the last moment jumps up in the air and hits me smack in my shoulder and ricochets up into my face. You would not believe how much a pheasant hurts when it hits you at speed.The joke of it is I work at a wildlife hospital helping the stupid damn things. (This one was well beyond help)

Burbler
21-12-17, 08:38 PM
I was hit in the head by a falling apple between Clevedon and Yatton. I was hit by a pigeon (in the head) on the Cumberland Basin system in Bristol. I swerved to avoid a dog whilst leading a Welsh run and almost hit the pheasant which was following it. In my youth, wearing an open face hat and raf goggles, I was hit in the little triangle at the top of the goggles by a very hard beetle. Nearly knocked me out. Hope you recover well Badge. Get revenge on a turkey.

Badger-Roy
21-12-17, 08:46 PM
I was hit in the head by a falling apple between Clevedon and Yatton. I was hit by a pigeon (in the head) on the Cumberland Basin system in Bristol. I swerved to avoid a dog whilst leading a Welsh run and almost hit the pheasant which was following it. In my youth, wearing an open face hat and raf goggles, I was hit in the little triangle at the top of the goggles by a very hard beetle. Nearly knocked me out. Hope you recover well Badge. Get revenge on a turkey.Thanks mate I'm abit achey but il survive. I'm sorry but I'm hard pushed to decide if the apple or the beetle made me laugh the most. :) . Revenge will be taken on a turkey don't you worry.

Last Train
21-12-17, 11:29 PM
Youch !

Badger-Roy
22-12-17, 01:10 PM
After a night in a lot of pain I decided a trip to A and E was a good idea, turns out iv got a broken collar bone and 2 cracked ribs. From a bloody pheasant, the doc who's a lot cleverer than me worked out that with a pheasant weighing about 1.8kg and me doing about 70mph I was hit by a mass equivalent to 140kg, certainly an eye opener to how vulnerable we are as riders. Iv been advised no riding for 6-8 weeks minimum :( , that's a long time of looking at my bikes with out riding them.

Last Train
22-12-17, 02:37 PM
Crikey,

Mend well :)

Badger-Roy
22-12-17, 02:54 PM
Crikey, Mend well :)Cheers, just hope I can still eat my Christmas dinner ok.

Burbler
22-12-17, 03:14 PM
No wonder it hurt ! Collar bones are favourites for cyclists, horse riders and biker offs. Take it easy, let it heal. Get well soon sunbeam. https://airshipambassador.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/chloroform.jpg

Wes
25-12-17, 10:50 AM
Ouch! hope you get better soon mate

BB
26-12-17, 04:35 PM
Ouch, Hope you heal soon