PDA

View Full Version : Best Recommendations

Loopylibby
03-09-17, 02:38 PM
I came off my bike today and ive now resulted in the following issues

1) break lever is bent upwards and (i dont know what its called) but the piece that connects the lever to my back tire seems to be bent too.
2) my back tire has to now be force spun, i cant just to one pull down on the tire and it spins freely, i have to pull each time the tire needs moving (its as if in locked in first gear and cant spin the wheel freely)... if that makes sense. BTW i can still move up and down gears absolutely fine, its the right side of my bike i've damaged.
3) my front indicator no loner works, and my back indicator will just stay on the amber light, it wont actually flash anymore.
4) the rest is just scratches and things i can replace overtime.

anyone know any tips on how i can fix some of these issues or even then recommend a good place to take my bike to have a it looked over. I live in Calne so anywhere not too far away would be perfect.

DC
03-09-17, 03:39 PM
Hope you're okay . What sort of bike is it ?

LucasZxr600
03-09-17, 03:47 PM
Oh no sorry to hear that .hope your OK. I can come have a look whenever it's convenient for you.as I live in Melksham. Happy to help I Ave all the toolsame aswell .

Badger-Roy
03-09-17, 03:54 PM
Sorry to hear that but don't feel to disheartened, everyone ends up on their arse at some point, at least your ok and the bike sounds fixable.

Loopylibby
03-09-17, 04:42 PM
funny enough, i have came off 3 times before... the last one was the worst where i am now left with a scar from a road rash. But i've always gotten back up and carried on riding. Each time ive cried... not from my own injury's, but from the simple fact i've damaged my hobby and effectively my version of a baby.

Loopylibby
03-09-17, 04:51 PM
Thank you, walked away with a very small road rash but now a very stiff knee and a big bruise is starting to show. Thank you also for the offer, that's really nice of you. I'm going to try and get my bike into a garage I've noticed does MOT's on bikes, which is down the street. if i can get them to sort my major issues out; like my back tire, which i now think that because my back break is damaged, it might have caused my breaks to bind and prevent my wheel from moving freely. If there's things i still need to replace after hopefully getting into the garage, i'll definitely give you a shout if that's okay?.

It was kind of hurtful that when i did come off, only one lady got out her car to see if i was okay, everyone else stayed in their cars like it was nothing.. And the fact i've posted on here and had such lovely responses, and you offering your assistance, its just so lovely and warming to me. This is why i partly love the biking community... Cant thank everyone enough for the support i get.

Loopylibby
03-09-17, 04:52 PM
Im okay thank you, managed to walk away with a very small road rash and bad bruising to my knee area meaning its hard to move. Should heal in no time. I have a Honda CBF 125

LucasZxr600
03-09-17, 06:19 PM
Hey libby no worries .as long as your OK. Hope you get back on the road soon ☺

Wes
03-09-17, 06:43 PM
Sorry to hear you had an off, but glad to hear you are not too hurt.

Loopylibby
04-09-17, 12:00 PM
Thank you, i've luckily found someone to come and take a look at my bike today... fingers crossed it wont cost me too much to fix.

Loopylibby
05-09-17, 07:16 PM
I can't thank you guys enough for the nice comments you have all posted... I can now happily say, my bike is fully mended and i really recommend going to 'In Gear Motorcycles' its a bloke in Corsham, came and picked my bike up for £45 and charged me £200 to fixed my bike up... he went out his way to fix and mend my bike. He turned up on time and delivered well. I can happily say that if anything else goes wrong with my bike, the's the man for the job!

But truly, thank you all for the nice comments and help.

DC
05-09-17, 07:24 PM
Good news on the bike front , glad you're all sorted! :cool:

LucasZxr600
05-09-17, 07:24 PM
Yay glad to hear your back on the road . Look forward to seeing you on a ride out ☺

Badger-Roy
05-09-17, 08:04 PM
:)