PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth intercom

Arek
27-03-17, 08:50 AM
Hi guys.

I did some forum search, but last chat about bluetooth intercom was here somewhere in 2014 :-) And wasn't particularly huge.
I'm thinking about buy one of them. Never used before. So, any comments very welcome.
Primary reason - communication with my daughter when she is with me. Then music and calls if necessary.
I know most of the sets on market today can connect more than one person. I think average is about 4-5 riders together. That could be useful as well I think.

I'm thinking about two brands right now, Sena and Interphone. Looks like Sena is more popular, however Interphone have quite good reviews as well.
Any of you using one of the above? Maybe something else if not those two?

Cheers
Arek

derekwiltshire
27-03-17, 09:05 AM
I switched from Cardo to SENA in my Schuberth helmet. The SENA give better volume and sound quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arek
27-03-17, 09:35 AM
I switched from Cardo to SENA in my Schuberth helmet. The SENA give better volume and sound quality

Which Sena model you using? Any problems with pairing to phone or other Sena set? What with the pairing to other brands?
Asking questions about pairing and connections, as looks like it is the most complains about in Amazon.

derekwiltshire
27-03-17, 12:47 PM
I've had no trouble pairing to my two phones, not yet tried pairing to another unit from any manufacturer.
Find the firmware update works with no problems on my Mac but not on windows

derekwiltshire
27-03-17, 04:37 PM
Forgot to say, am using model 10U

decarteret18
31-03-17, 04:16 PM
I use the interphone BT model like the one in this link

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252028633412

I bought it as wasn't sure if I'd use intercom sets so for the price compared to the Sena's these were a cheap investment. Turns out they're perfect for what I need. They're great for talking to my partner when she's on the back and I use them to take the occasional call. The most I use them for is listening to Spotify.

The controls are really simple and connectivity to devices is quick and easy. Generally they're great value for the price! But that's just my opinion! 😁

shiftyblake
31-03-17, 05:00 PM
Got a U10, and S20 and had two scala solo's. Used comprehensively.
Sena S20 is the best, drowned them twice and dried them out..... good as new too.

Arek
31-03-17, 05:27 PM
After research including official Sena support forum I decided to go for Intercom. Looks like Sena is great, have all new features, however is not waterproof. they say it is some kind of rain proof, but many people just drown the out during their trips. New intercom Urban, Sport and Tour is IP67 waterproof. Also with BT 4.1 and similar spec to Sena 20S.
Will arrive soon, so I'll let you know how reality compare to reviews.

shiftyblake
31-03-17, 07:55 PM
Yea, Sena is fine in driving rain. They dry out no problem. Other reason to go for a Sena as if you meet with other riders with intercom they are more likely to have a Sena too. So they pair over the 4.0 B/Tooth. Means you get 800 yards reception. Paring on the 2.0 channel is fairly useless unless youre rising right next to other rider.

Gooz
16-04-17, 10:43 AM
AVOID sharktooth we bought 4 to fit in our lids missus and kids, you would be better to use bean cans and string, at over £100 each a total waste of money, no use whatsoever rider to rider as once line of site is broken they do not re pair anyone want 4 ?? Feckin useless

Goldie
16-04-17, 05:01 PM
I have a Scala rider G9x smartset and its pretty good. I use it most days and have done for a couple of years now. http://cardosystems.com/portfolio-item/scala-rider-g9x/

Arek
16-04-17, 08:30 PM
At the end of my research I decided to go for Interphone Tour.
BT 4.1. Can pair up to 4 devices, also can pair other brands which is nice extra. Fully waterproof.
Tested in pair as a intercom, and just only for phone call/ music listening. can't say so far any bad word about it.
Connect, power on and works without any issues. Android app for quick settings change if needed.
Generally modern intercom set.
Will tell probably more after few months use.

Vulcanboy
16-05-17, 01:44 PM
My wife and I have an INTERPHONE F5MC setup. Seems to work well!

shiftyblake
18-05-17, 02:08 PM
Got Sena S20 and U10 got them very very wet .... always dry out and work again !!

Arek
18-05-17, 03:00 PM
Got Sena S20 and U10 got them very very wet .... always dry out and work again !!
What's about working when they are very, very wet? Just curious, as now it's too late for me.
happy with that what I have, as I know now that wet is not an issue at all. Working in all conditions.

duggers
18-05-17, 03:15 PM
I've had a Scala G9 for quite a few years, never managed to get it to stop working, thoroughly waterproof. Good speakers, and good battery life, but I've never tested the intercom, only phone and audio. Voice commands are reasonably well recognised but occasionally I end up phoning someone without intending to. Has served me well.

Vulcanboy
18-05-17, 07:14 PM
Interphone F5MC seems to be well waterproof ..... got it soaked on ride to Rome, Italy ..... no problem!