PDA

View Full Version : Felt The Love Yesterday .

DC
05-03-17, 05:55 PM
Apologies in advance for my inability to cut a long story short .

Went over to Fowler's yesterday for a Cuppa T and a mooch around . It was nice weather when I left but got caught in some serious moisture on the way back along the M4 and the bike died . Clearly that amount of water and the bellmouth intake I fitted to the airbox aren't compatible , I got caught out with the same issue with Burbler and Co in the Brecons last year and sadly didn't learn my lesson :o

Managed to get it going enough to start it and coughed and spluttered my way to the nearest flyover where I sat underneath a bridge on the hard shoulder for about half an hour in heavy rain , with trucks flying by and giving me a nice fine pressure washing . I was soaked to the skin , the bike was bloody filthy , not working and it was getting dark in about an hour so was a tad narked ( mostly at my own idiocy). I took the filter out , gave it a good shake and a wipe off , put it back together and managed to limp into Leigh Delamare . At least I was off the road .

While I was there on my knees , in a wet car park , in the rain , buggering about with the filter , the bike not starting at all , and contemplating my next move , two guys in bike gear came over and chose to stand out in the rain with me . We exchanged pleasantries and a bit of lighthearted banter while I put the old girl back together . In the meantime the rain had eased off a bit so I rode it round the car park a couple of times , still a bit spluttery but decided to chance it and these two fellas said they would follow me back in case it died again . I almost got to the end of the sliproad on to the M4 and it went again , there was a lot of standing water being thrown by the back wheel straight into the side of the airbox .

One of the guys then offered to ride me back to Swindon to pick up the van while his mate stood on the side of the motorway...... with my bike , but it takes a couple of hours at least to strip the van out and it's usually a next day job , depending on the time , so I scrapped that idea and we pushed the old lump all the way back up the sliproad to the petrol station and chained it to a post underneath a couple of cameras , left my reg and explained the situation to the manager who assured me they would look after it and no financial penalties would be incurred .
After all that farting about they then offered to drop me off , so got my kit on and they rode me home ......... to the front door . :)

Numerous times I tried to insist that they get on their way and I would get it sorted , but neither of them would have it , also one guys phone went and i heard him tell whoever was at the other end that they were busy with something and they would be round shortly , so they clearly had somewhere else to be , but chose to spend some of Saturday afternoon buggering about with me in the rain .

I FECKIN' love biking , and the brotherhood is still well and truly alive ( and Sisterhood ) love you too girls . Even when S**T happens the day just got better and better and I'm grateful .

I don't think they come on here but anyone who knows Lee Prior and Jason Ellen from Swindon , give them a pat on the back next time you see them and remind them what thoroughly decent individuals they are .

Anway my Brother drove over to the services this morning and I dried off the filter , ran the engine for a bit , got some fresh air through and fitted the stock SNORKEL , yeah it's called a snorkel , I've always known it was called a snorkel , it even looks like a bloody snorkel . You would think that would have been enough of a clue ........... Ran like a dream all the way back . :cool:

Top Blokes......

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m596/daddycool42/20170304_172916-1_zps0k2heyna.jpg

Dabz
05-03-17, 07:35 PM
Great to hear there are some really decent people in the world :) glad you got it sorted mate, sounds like a nightmare day

Last Train
05-03-17, 09:02 PM
Yeah man

:cool:

Caz
05-03-17, 11:14 PM
Oh no what a pain Andy. So glad it all worked out ok. Bikers are great :-)

Burbler
06-03-17, 06:11 AM
Silly Billy !

What a great story though. Do you have contact details ?

Perhaps we could send them a couple of WB shirts / hoodies...admins ???

DC
06-03-17, 11:48 AM
Silly Billy !

What a great story though. Do you have contact details ?

Perhaps we could send them a couple of WB shirts / hoodies...admins ???

Nice thought Larry , but I don't think that'll be necessary . When I messaged them yesterday to say thanks again , they weren't having any of it . I'll be bumping into them again , I'm sure . It'll even itself out .

BB
06-03-17, 12:21 PM
Brilliant guys, :)

redken1
06-03-17, 01:29 PM
Lovely story Andy and a pair of top blokes.

Toph
06-03-17, 10:32 PM
Top guys..:)

Dennis_Sinanan
09-03-17, 08:00 AM
Brilliant story Andy, two really generous individuals there. Maybe one of these days you will take the hint and replace the part time roadside throphy with a real "all weather" bike :-) i have heard that the Japanese have managed to build such a marvel :-) see you around

DC
09-03-17, 02:28 PM
Brilliant story Andy, two really generous individuals there. Maybe one of these days you will take the hint and replace the part time roadside throphy with a real "all weather" bike :-) i have heard that the Japanese have managed to build such a marvel :-) see you around

:) I seem to remember pushing one of these " Japanese Marvels " along the road after it sat on the pavement with a flat battery on the Loomies Run last year . Hopefully see you on Sunday if I can coax the old heap back to life :cool:

Wes
09-03-17, 08:40 PM
glad you got back ok mate, and it was great of the lads to help you out like that , kudos to them :) street triple time

DC
09-03-17, 08:43 PM
glad you got back ok mate, and it was great of the lads to help you out like that , kudos to them :) street triple time

Nice one Wes , but I couldn't turn my back on the old girl at this stage :)

Wes
09-03-17, 08:46 PM
You dont have to mate, 2 x Trumpets, what could be better? ;)

DC
09-03-17, 09:37 PM
You dont have to mate, 2 x Trumpets, what could be better? ;)

What a beautiful thought :cool: