PDA

View Full Version : Might Work (a bit)

Burbler
25-01-17, 10:56 AM
http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=1103&stc=1

Burbler
25-01-17, 10:58 AM
Share it around peeps. Might save a biker or two.

Mitch9128
25-01-17, 01:06 PM
There isn't a single day goes by i don't see someone on their mobile whilst driving, whether i am on foot, in the car or on the bike. I've been behind someone on the bike, they have weaved all over, and had a mobile on their lap when i have come alongside. It's going to take a long time to educate people on this, much like seatbelts.

wiltshire builders
27-01-17, 07:06 PM
I was behind a car in bath that was swerving and twice stopped at green lights.
When I pulled alongside he was texting.
I beeped and told him to put it down and watch the road.
He told me to f*ck off.

Dabz
27-01-17, 08:40 PM
It's a sad world we live in when things are so urgent people need to text and drive at the same time. Would like to see even harsher penalties

wiltshire builders
30-01-17, 09:34 PM
It's not just on the road.
I'm currently in Les Arcs and had to take evasive action to avoid a skier who was on his phone!

Jed
02-02-17, 01:37 PM
I don't see that increasing the penalty will make any real difference, as said we can all see drivers on their phones/texting every time we go out. So if we can see them so could the police, the problem is there simply are not enough police out there taking enforcement action. The clear message at the moment is that people can phone and text while driving and almost certainly not get caught.

Mitch9128
02-02-17, 02:31 PM
I think is not just catching people, or making the populace scared to be caught, or at most that is just a small part of it. The main thing is to make it unacceptable in todays society, just like wearing a seatbelt, and drink driving. I can remember my dad purposely buying an automatic 2.8l Granada as it was easier to drive back from the pub pissed, apart from being dead, he would most likely think he couldn't do it today, as it's unacceptable, by everyone, not just the filth.

BB
02-02-17, 04:39 PM
I think is not just catching people, or making the populace scared to be caught, or at most that is just a small part of it. The main thing is to make it unacceptable in todays society, just like wearing a seatbelt, and drink driving. I can remember my dad purposely buying an automatic 2.8l Granada as it was easier to drive back from the pub pissed, apart from being dead, he would most likely think he couldn't do it today, as it's unacceptable, by everyone, not just the filth.

Totally agree

BugsyB
03-02-17, 09:12 PM
The best answer to this addictive mobile phone use, as that's what it is, would be for every Police Officer to carry a hammer. Any phone found being used by a driver would then be smashed to pieces, on the spot. The thought of the loss of the addicts phone would be akin to the loss of a limb/loved one/Willy etc., thus being a very effective deterrent. Easy mate!

shiftyblake
04-02-17, 07:44 AM
I think you could drive the length of the M4 on a phone and not see a police car to catch you....... Must go I'm just trying to change lanes ;-)

Mitch9128
06-02-17, 04:03 PM
I think you could drive the length of the M4 on a phone and not see a police car to catch you....... Must go I'm just trying to chang lanes ;-)

You'd be bloody unlucky for sure, i've been doing JNC17-11 for years, and only caught twice at warp factor 10. Speedings still acceptable, right?