PDA

View Full Version : Victory motorcycles gone into liquidation

DC
09-01-17, 05:20 PM
With immediate effect according to MCN .

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2017/january/victory-motorcycles-cease-trading/

BB
09-01-17, 06:15 PM
Saw this earlier, not to my taste but still a shame :(

DC
09-01-17, 06:21 PM
Not really my bag either , they look a little too " Concepty " for me , or like something that belongs on a fairground ride . Just a shame that a seemingly successful brand has hit the wall .

Last Train
09-01-17, 06:26 PM
Yes I see that,

More V twin blues :(

WR6133
09-01-17, 07:28 PM
Seems like a logical business decision they have 2 marques (Indian and Victory) targeting a similar audience. Makes sense to roll it all in to one (and Indian is the name with the Heritage).

Davezthomas
10-01-17, 12:18 PM
Tragedy, always loved the victory stand at the NEC��

Mitch9128
11-01-17, 08:08 AM
Polaris the parent company have a healthy turnover, however most people want HD, it's not the end yet, i reckon we'll return to this thread when no-one wants a crappy Indian too.

Julie_S
14-01-17, 07:13 PM
Got the 2nd biggest American brand under their ownership, they been building their Indians long enough to be established now, Victory now sounds like a defunct stepping stone. That whole American chopper look seems to be on the wane now, Indian must fit now seems more relevant

Scotty
28-01-17, 03:18 PM
American cruisers aren't my thing but I recall seeing a Victory parked alongside a Hardly Worthitson at Blade a couple of years back - the Victory looked clean, tidy and modern. The Hardly looked like an antique in comparison, dated, bitty and untidy. H-D are making hay from their brand image, and they have a loyal customer base who'll keep buying in huge numbers any re-badged relic they churn out. Stone Age tech and abysmal riding dynamics don't matter to the faithful, plus of course the non-biking public buy into all the image and think they're cool and buy the merch in huge quantities.

Hopefully, Indian will take a chunk out the H-D market share, but Indian also trade on the historical angle and use far more dated styling than Victory did, but if that's what it takes....