PDA

View Full Version : F1 and the Bol

wheelers
06-12-16, 06:16 PM
the overpaid F1 circus has ended for another year. this time it went down to the last race, no doubt better for the hosts of the last couple of venues as something to actually see racing for than a series that was over half way through the season.

so, Rosberg finally won a title, then inside a month says he is retiring. that means next year they wont be able to advertise 'the 2016 champion'.

more news, France is to host a round in 2018 at Paul Ricard, after 10 years out after being unable to fund the event. surprisingly as Mr Ecclestone has stepped aside, who owns the Paul Ricard circuit? the Ecclestone family trust!!

Germany has dropped out for next year but might come back for 2018, time to save up??

Silverstone are thinking about the expense of staging after 2019.

as a final thought, for bike racing fans, if Paul Ricard host F1, presumably the circuit that currently hosts endurance 'the Bol d'or' and solo events, and the odd touring car event, will make changes to a perfectly good layout. good job Assen is too narrow.

fazed
08-12-16, 03:17 PM
As long as they leave Le Mans untouched for the French MotoGP and my annual pilgrimage there I don't mind......personally have usually found F1 a snooze fest but each to his own I guess.

Scotty
28-01-17, 03:07 PM
Ricard was used by F1 for testing for years, that's why the toxic weasel bought it. Bike racing has been back there for a few years now (international events have, couldn't say about domestic French events though they doubtless have been there), and the Bol d'Or returned to its spiritual home (though by no means its first) in 2015 and the event was awesome, weather glorious and a massive crowd to celebrate the first Bol at Ricard since 1999.

Were Formula yawn to run there they wouldn't need to modify the circuit as it has a number of configurations that they can choose from so they'd probably use one that they've chosen for testing in the past.. Personally I reckon it's the dullest, most over-hyped sport on tv and I wouldn't be able to stay awake through an entire race if I were bored enough to waste a couple of hours of my life trying to.