PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the Bol d'or

wiltshire builders
18-09-16, 12:42 AM
After 900 miles through mixed weather, I finally made it. What a great circuit!
Victor Cox, who is riding for R2CL and running in 12th as I type, popped out of the garage to have a chat.
What a top guy.

BB
18-09-16, 04:48 PM
Magic, have a great trip :)

wiltshire builders
18-09-16, 10:54 PM
Vic's team managed 15th despite only having 2 riders after Aaron collapsed with exhaustion. A massive achievement considering it's his first endurance race ever and first race in 2 years.

BB
19-09-16, 06:57 AM
Well done guys, that's quite an achievement :cool:

wheelers
20-09-16, 07:04 PM
being in France for the race, meant I got to watch a fair few hours of it on terrestrial tv, something the BBC could take notice of. good to see Victor having fun.
good to see local interest , the old NGMCC days of Russell Benny and his Phase 3 team from down Bridgewater way.

wiltshire builders
21-09-16, 11:32 AM
Managed to blag our way on to the roof of the main building for the last 3 hrs then somehow convinced security to let all 11 of us into the pits!
Imagine trying that at Silverstone!

This was my first trip to the Bol and I can't recommend it enough.
There was loads going on, Paul Ricard is an amazing circuit, great atmosphere and some amazing roads.

BB
21-09-16, 06:17 PM
Neat, well done :cool:

Scotty
30-09-16, 07:42 AM
being in France for the race, meant I got to watch a fair few hours of it on terrestrial tv, something the BBC could take notice of. good to see Victor having fun.
good to see local interest , the old NGMCC days of Russell Benny and his Phase 3 team from down Bridgewater way.
Small point, but it's Phase One, there's never been a Phase Two or Three.
Good on you for the mention, we're doing the final round of the European Classic Series (4-hour Endurance races using engines up to 1983 and racing chassis of the period) at Motorland Aragón on the evening of Saturday 29th Oct - why not come down for a spot of end-of-season action? We lead the series by 7 points going into the final round, but there are a total of four teams in with a realistic shout of winning the championship.

wheelers
30-09-16, 01:05 PM
sorry my mistake> thinking of something else at the time, 3 phase wiring in France!!
wont be back over until the week after so good luck

wiltshire builders
13-10-16, 05:28 PM
Do you work with Russ, Scotty?

Scotty
17-10-16, 06:12 PM
Yes I do as a matter of fact - well, not work for money, but I've been a member of the team for twenty years now.
I was down there on Saturday to load up for the annual Spanish off-road trip and the ensuing final championship round at Aragón, and expected to be away by 18:00 but due to a few unforeseen issues we finally finished loading at 23:30 - plans for the evening were jettisoned along the way for all of us present. It's all part of being involved, you take the rough along with the smooth, some days it all runs like clockwork, other days it doesn't....

wiltshire builders
17-10-16, 07:00 PM
You might know my mate Neil from Bath.
He's just started helping out with Phase 1.
He was at the Bol even though he doesn't have an engineering background.

Scotty
18-10-16, 02:40 AM
Yes, Neil was helping out on Saturday with prep and the epic loading efforts. I can't remember if he's coming to Aragon, I think he is....

Vulcanboy
22-10-16, 09:32 PM
Cool!