PDA

View Full Version : MCE Insurance - avoid

Dabz
28-06-16, 09:07 AM
MCE Insurance - one to avoid. Paid £160 for insurance in March, sold the bike so called to cancel. What's due back? Nothing. Their excuse was a load of percentages, fees and charges. Won't be using them again!

Mitch9128
28-06-16, 05:55 PM
I didn't think anyone used them anymore? The net is littered with customers with bad tastes in their mouths. They may be cheap, but there is a reason, the Google reviews are heartbreaking.

bodley10
29-06-16, 11:35 AM
Im with them at the moment but my policy is just about to expire which is a good thing by the sounds of it. Any reccommendations ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Dabz
29-06-16, 02:43 PM
My other bike is with Bennetts and I can't fault them - have used them for years. They were just a bit more expensive for the Daytona, wish I'd paid the extra now

bodley10
29-06-16, 06:24 PM
Ill give them a call and see what they can do aslong as they aint to dear cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

shiftyblake
29-06-16, 06:49 PM
They are terrible see my FB post.I forgot to add that they accidentally cancelled my new policy as soon as I bought it. It was only by chance that i quiried that they took more money from my card than I agreed and that I found out the sales guy who got ****ty with me cancelled my policy straight after the phone call!

Toph
29-06-16, 09:29 PM
I'm with MCE. have been for 2 years..only did because they sponsor Bsb, thought they were a dedicated trustworthy motorcycle insurer
Never had a problem, although I have never put in a claim.
After Mitch's post I looked at independent customer reviews..omg... they are pretty bad... I'll be definitely looking elsewhere next renewal.

Mitch9128
30-06-16, 07:55 AM
Hey i only found out after being with them for a year, and mentioning it to someone. I'm with Bennett's now, no experience of them other than my premium going down year on year, the best insurers i have found over the years is H&R insurance, brokers in Scotland, were very cheap for me for years, but as always things change, and i swapped.

Oldbiker61
30-06-16, 09:27 PM
Im with MCE also, no problems so far, however I've never had to claim, went with the for the same reason as Toph

shiftyblake
01-07-16, 12:11 AM
I have now been inundated with spam email as they sold my details on.

Davezthomas
02-07-16, 03:18 PM
Found Bennets to be better at renewal time but haven't found one that doesn't charge stupid money for changes. With the car Im with Dial Direct - no charge for changes

Dabz
04-08-16, 01:37 PM
Went to the ombudsman on recommendation from someone on the facebook group. £105 coming back to me shortly :)

BB
04-08-16, 07:23 PM
neat :cool:

Burbler
04-08-16, 08:05 PM
Magic. Thieves ought to be prosecuted.

mikeapm
04-08-16, 09:58 PM
I had been with mce for a few years but when I called to check renewal cost it took about 20 minutes confirming all the details they already had (nothing had changed) before they gave me a price much higher than last year, and when I said I would call back to confirm I was told they couldn't keep any of this info on their system and if I didn't renew then and there I would have to answer all the same questions again when I call back. Now with bennetts.

Vulcanboy
28-08-16, 05:46 PM
Wow, I didn't realise there was such bad customer service out there ...