PDA

View Full Version : Morrison's Warminster....

Thorkill_The_Tall
28-04-16, 05:03 PM
....Are insisting motorcyclists remove their helmets when they use the petrol pumps.
This also includes riders using the 'pay at pump' facility.
According to the assistant, it is so they can tell if riders are old enough to use a petrol pump and not a security thing. (!? haven't you got to be over 16 to use a petrol pump?)
Allegedly, they will also be asking this of people dressed in 'hoodies' or burqas to comply as well. (good luck with that one!)

Mitch9128
28-04-16, 05:21 PM
Last time i was at a pump and they wouldn't turn it on, i gave them the bird, threw the hose on the floor and rode off. It has to be a 'local' directive, as the lads in Chippenham never ask, even if i go in and ask for an air token after. Complain to Morrisons head office https://your.morrisons.com/Contact-Us/ tell them you felt really humiliated, you'll get a voucher for some pies probably.

Julie_S
28-04-16, 07:00 PM
Under age? You do have to be 16 to use a petrol pump, I can't think of any powered vehicle you can you use on the road under the age of 16

If you are paying at the pump, really what business is it of theirs?

pluggedinpete
28-04-16, 10:48 PM
cheers for the heads-up, thats one petrol station I'll avoid. I don;t mind taking my helmet off if I've got to go into the kiosk, but not for the pay at pump.

redken1
29-04-16, 09:19 PM
Please don't shoot me down in flames as I'm not making a judgement either way. Merely playing devil's advocate and throwing food for thought into the mix.

If I had stolen a bike, I would make a point of filling it up at a service station which I know does not have a helmet removal policy in place. Thus ensuring I could not be identified on CCTV at a later date, after making my getaway on a biker's prized possession.

Mitch9128
30-04-16, 07:30 AM
Please don't shoot me down in flames as I'm not making a judgement either way. Merely playing devil's advocate and throwing food for thought into the mix.

If I had stolen a bike, I would make a point of filling it up at a service station which I know does not have a helmet removal policy in place. Thus ensuring I could not be identified on CCTV at a later date, after making my getaway on a biker's prized possession.

1984 is real, and you're the last person i expected of condoning it.

redken1
30-04-16, 06:30 PM
Mitch, read my post again - I haven't condoned anything.

Burbler
30-04-16, 06:57 PM
It has been mooted elsewhere that someone should organise a ride in to such forecourts. Get enough bikes to use every pump, and all refusing to remove helmets. If no fuel is forthcoming, stay there until the rozzers arrive and throw the peeps out.

Julie_S
01-05-16, 12:30 AM
I Have a plastic Viking Helmet from Mini runs 20 years ago, I am going to ride over on my modern Vespa 300 ABS Traction Control, ETC with it under my seat, take of my helmet, then don my Viking Helmet once I fill up, wonder if they will serve me?

wasted_ace
01-05-16, 01:49 AM
Or simply just take your helmet off..pay for your fuel and be on your way.
So much simpler than trying to be an irritant.
I'm sure a petrol station will not mourn the loss of a biker putting in his three gallons...
And any protest to block up a forecourt simply pisses off innocent drivers who will most probably have little sympathy with bikers they encounter on the road which is in nobodies interest especially ours..

Jon_W
01-05-16, 10:46 PM
Must agree with wasted ace. The people at the petrol stations are just doing their jobs. Remove you helmet, fill up and enjoy riding. Life is too short.

Gerry
01-05-16, 11:35 PM
I'm with Waster & Jon, it takes a few seconds to take your helmet off and a few more to put it back on.
The older I get the less time I spend getting angry about tiny things that don't really matter, as has been said, life's too short.

Burbler
02-05-16, 08:08 AM
There is no legit reason for them to make such demands. They'll be wanting fingerprints, voiceprints and dna samples soon !

There is an Esso very close and a BP up the road. S*d Morrison's say I.

Dabz
02-05-16, 08:18 AM
People who run a business can make any demands they like. Those who don't want to comply can go to esso and lay the higher price for fuel :)

Mitch9128
02-05-16, 09:30 AM
No they're not doing their jobs, they are being jobsworth barstewards. There is no directive from Morrisons for this, some norbert who works there has suggested it, and the manager has implemented it, regardless of it not being company policy.

wiltshire builders
04-05-16, 07:24 PM
If there's a sign I'll take it off. If not, sod 'em.
What're they going to do? Refuse to take your money?

On a slightly different note: Did you know that shops aren't legally obliged to provide you with change?
It's a courtesy provided if you don't have the correct money.
Anyway, as you were.

Mitch9128
05-05-16, 06:51 AM
Also, cats are not smaller than horses, they are merely further away.

redken1
05-05-16, 05:12 PM
If there's a sign I'll take it off. If not, sod 'em.
What're they going to do? Refuse to take your money?

On a slightly different note: Did you know that shops aren't legally obliged to provide you with change?
It's a courtesy provided if you don't have the correct money.
Anyway, as you were.

Dan, reminded me of the time I travelled down to a Man United game from Scotland. I bought a burger from a takeaway outside OT and handed the lady serving a Scottish fiver, which she refused to accept, I said, "pardon," as I bit into the burger. Lol

wiltshire builders
05-05-16, 11:29 PM
Dan, reminded me of the time I travelled down to a Man United game from Scotland. I bought a burger from a takeaway outside OT and handed the lady serving a Scottish fiver, which she refused to accept, I said, "pardon," as I bit into the burger. Lol
Hahaha! I wish I could've seen her face.