PDA

View Full Version : Wiltshire Bikers Facebook Group

Dabz
18-01-16, 01:33 PM
Seeing as we get asked to do it almost every week, we've set up a Facebook Group for WB - we also know we need to move with the times and after 10 years it makes sense to embrace social media a bit more.

This isn't designed to replace the forums but for those who use FB more than the forums you can keep in contact with people far more easily

The page to join is https://www.facebook.com/groups/wiltshirebikers/

wheelers
18-01-16, 05:08 PM
good luck,
never use FB as too many people I know have had bad experiences with it.

BB
18-01-16, 06:10 PM
Well done Dabz :)

Burbler
18-01-16, 07:17 PM
Hate it, but just like reality progs, stupid quiz progs, being greeted by 'rye may' 20-20 so-called cricket and 20 mph zones, it seems to have wormed it's way into normal life.

Dabz
18-01-16, 07:22 PM
It's definitely not replacing the forums so don't worry - I prefer the forums too, not a massive Facebook fan, but as we're celebrating 10yrs it seems silly to continue to refuse to accept new ideas. The only one I'll keep refusing to accept is the idea of charging a membership fee!

BB
19-01-16, 07:05 AM
Hear Hear Dabz.
FB is a huge timewaster, but if you can't beat 'em... You don't have to get sucked into the whole thing, just look at what you want to look at and walk away. :)

QB1
19-01-16, 09:32 AM
Seeing as we get asked to do it almost every week, we've set up a Facebook Group for WB - we also know we need to move with the times and after 10 years it makes sense to embrace social media a bit more.

This isn't designed to replace the forums but for those who use FB more than the forums you can keep in contact with people far more easily

The page to join is https://www.facebook.com/groups/wiltshirebikers/

Just had a quick look and see its a public group so everything posted appears in your news feed and anyone can see all posts.

Would it perhaps have been better to set it up as a closed group so that only members can see the posts.

Kevinb
19-01-16, 01:19 PM
What about Instogrim & Twatter?
I don't us them but someone might

Dabz
19-01-16, 02:09 PM
Just had a quick look and see its a public group so everything posted appears in your news feed and anyone can see all posts.

Would it perhaps have been better to set it up as a closed group so that only members can see the posts.

We're keeping it public for now to that people see that it's now there - events will be private and posts within those only visible to people attending

Dabz
19-01-16, 02:09 PM
What about Instogrim & Twatter?
I don't us them but someone might

http://www.twitter.com/wiltshirebikers :) Our twitter account has been going for a few years now

pluggedinpete
19-01-16, 03:27 PM
Request to join sent, and the twitter is followed!

shiftyblake
19-01-16, 06:10 PM
I use FB because of working away and the kids like seeing what I'm up to. But I really like having a separate Wilt Bikers forum. Def should keep it as a closed group