PDA

View Full Version : 13 degrees yesterday, lovely for a ride out.

shiftyblake
28-12-15, 04:10 PM
No road salt either.:D.
https://youtu.be/VoMYbLWDcCY

Dabz
28-12-15, 04:22 PM
It's good weather for bikes at the mo isn't it! I'm assuming we'll eventually get a cold snap..can't get away with it all winter surely?

shiftyblake
28-12-15, 04:57 PM
Yea I agree Dabz, just got to make the most of it, might try a few miles tomorrow if it's not wet too.

Trev
28-12-15, 07:20 PM
Nice little ride today as had a spare couple of hours, out tomorrow for a bit longer, gonna try to find some new back lanes between Blandford & Dorchester

shiftyblake
28-12-15, 09:30 PM
Enjoy Trev, if you're not too early away I might catch you up.

Trev
28-12-15, 10:38 PM
Enjoy Trev, if you're not too early away I might catch you up.

I'll be out from about 10am through to two'ish. Meeting a few (cyclmates at Milton Abbas for a pint around midday, will PM mobile number. Not sure what I'll be on, either black & chrome Royal Enfield or white Honda NC700X. Depends whether I'm in steady or very steady mode ; )

Nelly
29-12-15, 02:07 PM
Just got back from some therapy from both bikes. Blackbird sublime as usual. Bobber needed a little more convincing. Took about 5 minutes to fire her up because she doesn't like being abandoned for a couple of weeks. When she did give in to my wishes she got in a paddy and started spitting sparks at me off her negative battery terminal. A dose of WD40 and a tweek with a screwdriver was enough to stop her moaning though. Beautiful weather for December and not a heated grip in sight.
Roads were a bit like sandpaper though. Wet n dry ;). Needed wits about myself to not get too carried away..
Much needed.

Burbler
29-12-15, 03:48 PM
Me too. Had a 45 mile jaunt.
Agree about the variable road surface. Also standard of driving bloody awful. Guess it's peeps from elsewhere not knowing the roads and Sunday drivers. Stopping at mini rondabouts when there's not another vehicle for 200 yards, switching lanes without signalling (then switching back again) etc., etc.
Enjoyed it though.

Dabz
29-12-15, 04:20 PM
Mine made it out the garage but sadly only while I tidied the garage before they were pushed back in again :(. Hoping to get the Daytona back together sometime this week to go for a spin

Kevinb
31-12-15, 11:15 AM
Great. Back at work today (skeleton staff) and the weather looks great. Since we got Norbert we haven't been out on the bike much.

Trev
31-12-15, 03:56 PM
A nice 100 mile round trip on the Enfield on the 29th, bet up with a few cyclist mates for lunch and then got lost among Dorset villages. Roads were 'interesting' with a lot of mud & crap on the back lanes, didn't see many bike about.