PDA

View Full Version : Early Morning Tug

Aidbox
22-12-15, 09:08 PM
Coming through Marlborough towards Hungerford 7am this morning Police were doing random stops. Not sure if they were doing random breath tests, it is that time of year though.

I also found out this week that sometimes the average speed checks on the motorway do work ! £100 and 3 points. I had to renew my bike policy today and my insurance company said they weren't interested in SP30's, bonus !! £30 cheaper premium than last year.

Burbler
22-12-15, 09:26 PM
I also found out this week that sometimes the average speed checks on the motorway do work !

Where was it please ?

shiftyblake
22-12-15, 09:28 PM
Always a silver lining ref SP30! Where did they have the ave speed check you got collared for 30?

Aidbox
22-12-15, 10:02 PM
Was on the M5 southbound around Gloucester, 61mph in a 50mph average speedcheck.

Mitch9128
23-12-15, 07:01 AM
Avg speed cameras do work, but not if they're front facing and on the bike, more and more are rear facing these days though :(

Burbler
23-12-15, 08:31 AM
Was on the M5 southbound around Gloucester, 61mph in a 50mph average speedcheck.

I went through that section on the way up to Stonehouse for the Santa ride. As Mitch mentioned, they all looked to be pointing south.

P.S. Loads of road works are being removed over the hols.

Trev
23-12-15, 10:29 AM
I had ticket from average speed cameras on M3 arounf Fleet Services area - 57mph in a 50 in the car - what a muppet! Speed awareness course though luckily so still points free

Mitch9128
23-12-15, 10:40 AM
I had ticket from average speed cameras on M3 arounf Fleet Services area - 57mph in a 50 in the car - what a muppet! Speed awareness course though luckily so still points free

The M3 ones from 4-5 'ish, and that ends at Fleet, are rear facing, PIA on the bike.

Wes
23-12-15, 08:52 PM
Always take it easy going through these, as im passing loads on a day to day basis and its too easy to get caught out. I thought that motorway convictions started with sp50 ? I got caught by a patrol car, and this is the code I received.

Mitch9128
24-12-15, 07:56 AM
Sp30 is normal road, sp50 is motorway, btw you don't always get a ban over a ton, i got pulled 109 on bike, no ban, plenty of fines though.

Aidbox
24-12-15, 02:39 PM

Yeah, I should be able to do speed awareness so keep a clean licence :)

Col
05-01-16, 07:04 PM
57mph in a 50 in the car ......on mway..ridiculous and even more ludicrous a patronising 'speed awareness course'.
If you are doing some stupidly dangerous speed then you deserve a good bollocking and fines but piddling about on an mway is hardly crime of the century....'what about any workers?' ...yeah see them as few and far between and seldom sat in their vans night times when these low speeds are still applied.
These variable speeds are a total pain...the M25 is a good example as nobody knows what speed will be at the next stupidly expensive sign...it appears to be completely random as are the messages on the numerous matrix signs that have sprung up [and installed at huge expense] informing us ,occassionally, of 'fog' when it is brilliant sunshine or some junction the other side of the country is blocked.
Look at some of the stupid speed limits applied to roads around here.....some chimp is clearly being asked to pick numbers.

Anyways onwards and downwards :p

Scotty
08-01-16, 05:29 PM
I have to admit an element of curiosity upon seeing the thread title "Early Morning Tug" and wondered who was admitting to that on a public forum, but it proved to be far less salacious than I might have feared...

Mitch9128
11-01-16, 08:42 AM
I have to admit an element of curiosity upon seeing the thread title "Early Morning Tug" and wondered who was admitting to that on a public forum, but it proved to be far less salacious than I might have feared...

Were you hoping for pics?