PDA

View Full Version : Leather tank cover

tomearp
04-12-15, 07:52 PM
I've got a leather tank cover on my bike that is in very good condition. Any recommendations of what should I clean it with/apply to it/etc to keep it in this condition?

DC
04-12-15, 11:22 PM
I've got a leather tank cover on my bike that is in very good condition. Any recommendations of what should I clean it with/apply to it/etc to keep it in this condition?

Shoe polish ( Cherry Blossom or Kiwi ) is as good as anything you'll find that's more sophisticated and more expensive . It's cheap as chips and contains all the revivers , conditioners and waxes that you'll need . Rub it in with a cloth wrapped round your finger then buff off with a soft bristled brush .

Mitch9128
05-12-15, 08:35 AM
Not sure about boot polish, fine for boots, but tank covers? Personally i'd use saddle soap, cleans and softens and replenishes leather. What bike do you have this cover on?

tomearp
05-12-15, 09:23 AM
It's a bagster cover on a sprint. Looked on the website and I think it might be synthetic leather, which I guess is made from plastic materials?

DC
05-12-15, 11:27 AM
Not sure about boot polish, fine for boots, but tank covers? Personally i'd use saddle soap, cleans and softens and replenishes leather. What bike do you have this cover on?

I AM sure about shoe polish that's why I suggested it :) But if it's vinyl and not leather then it won't be suitable.

Mitch9128
05-12-15, 11:35 PM
I AM sure about shoe polish that's why I suggested it :) But if it's vinyl and not leather then it won't be suitable.

i wonder why horse riders don't use boot polish on saddles then?

Mitch9128
05-12-15, 11:37 PM
It's a bagster cover on a sprint. Looked on the website and I think it might be synthetic leather, which I guess is made from plastic materials?

Baglux covers are not leather.

DC
06-12-15, 12:33 AM
i wonder why horse riders don't use boot polish on saddles then?

Really ??? And you should always start a sentence with a capital letter . Go and sit at the back of the class this instant!:p

Mitch9128
06-12-15, 03:01 PM
Uncool.

Col
07-12-15, 08:32 AM
WD40 :)