PDA

View Full Version : No Castle Coombe bike safe next year

QB1
01-12-15, 02:01 PM
Just seen this on Facebook -

''Sorry to announce there won't be a Castle Combe Circuit (https://www.facebook.com/CastleCombeCircuit/) event for us in 2016.
We are though actively working on taking the event to a new venue for next year.
As soon as we know more we'll let you know. Thanks to all those who have supported the event at Castle Combe for the past six years.''

A real shame its always so good but hopefully they will get something organised elsewhere.

Dabz
01-12-15, 03:41 PM
Just saw that too, really sorry to hear it. Always a brilliant event at Combe

skippernick
01-12-15, 04:11 PM
Bu**er i was up for it next year!!!

Gerry
01-12-15, 04:48 PM
Bu**er i was up for it next year!!!

Just do the Bikesafe course at Devizes (think that they still run that one) and book a trackday at Castle Combe with us - job done :-)

Wes
01-12-15, 06:11 PM
Shame as it was a really good day out, any reason behind it?

BB
01-12-15, 06:15 PM
Shame :(

skippernick
02-12-15, 12:36 PM
Just do the Bikesafe course at Devizes (think that they still run that one) and book a trackday at Castle Combe with us - job done :-)

LOL, wasn't too worried about the bike safe, was more interested in the track day. Need to save some pennies for next year me thinks.

Dabz
02-12-15, 01:42 PM
Apparently JapFest is moving from Combe next year too which means they're losing 2 large shows. Not sure why - perhaps charges have gone up, or maybe they don't have a license for as many large events for 2016? A real shame to see BikeSafe going though, one of my fav events of the year. Hopefully it'll stay fairly local

Scotty
12-12-15, 06:13 PM
More like one of the Noise Taliban in the village heard a noise, complained to the council and more events and income for the circuit are lost...

wheelers
12-12-15, 07:58 PM
jap fest probably because the roads are jammed up for miles around from early in the morning. other than that maybe now Howard has gone ,new management may not have the councils ear yet..