PDA

View Full Version : Red Mist

redken1
26-10-15, 06:21 PM
Do you think the governing body of MotoGP treated Rossi unfairly over his altercation with Marquez? Or do you think he has only himself to blame for effectively wiping out his chances of winning the championship, by his reaction?

BB
26-10-15, 07:15 PM
Marguez was baiting him but Rossi let himself down by reacting like he did

Ghost
26-10-15, 09:33 PM
When Senna did this to Prost he was a hero. When James Hunt punched another driver, ditto. IMHO, Marquez should be penalised for his appalling behaviour on track. In a post race interview Rossi said "I took him wide and slowed right down to say What the f**k are you playing at?" Marquez leant into Rossi and brought about his own downfall. Reminds me of Schumacker stuffing it in to clean drivers like Villeneuve and Damon Hill. Unfortunately when the likes of Rossi and Hamilton retire I can see racing becoming a sanitised / homogenised, protest / counterprotest fest where just the guy with the fastest bike / car wins.

shiftyblake
26-10-15, 09:33 PM
Sometimes you just snap and regret it. We have all done it but not usually at 180 miles an hour

Gerry
26-10-15, 10:00 PM
Totally agree Ghost .

wiltshire builders
26-10-15, 10:04 PM
I don't think the penalty was fair.
Rossi was off his racing line and deliberately blocking Marquez whilst slowing.
He should've been black flagged.
The sport is dangerous enough with stupid moves like that.
This clearly shows Rossi is past it.
This was his last chance at a title and he blew it.
There is no bigger punishment than that.

redken1
26-10-15, 11:07 PM
Rossi is arguably the greatest racer of all time, certainly my favourite after Barry Sheene, and I think it is fair to say most GP fans around the world would love to see him capture one more title before retirement. That said however, no individual should be bigger than the sport they partake in. Having watched the clip over and over I think it is clear that Rossi nudged Marquez off. He may well have been provoked, but that is no justification for his actions. I have this niggling feeling that if the behaviour of the two riders were reversed, we would be seeing a very different reaction from racing fans. Would a less popular rider receive the same sympathy? I think not. I take no pleasure in saying this, but should Rossi lose the championship, IMO there is only one person to blame and that is Rossi himself. I hope he doesn't live to regret what he did.

Wes
27-10-15, 07:08 AM
I think it's going to lower people's opinions of Rossi, aside from his fan base.Marquez took it too him and he couldn't handle it, would have been interesting to see the reactions if rossi had ended up on the floor. Greatest GP Rider maybe but nowhere near all time.

Mitch9128
27-10-15, 09:50 AM
Rossi did nothing, MM was baiting him, slowing him down, overtaking then slowing again, Rossi went to push him wide, MM leaned into Rossi, knocking his foot off peg, then fell off. Anyone who thinks different needs to watch the vids, especially the helicopter ones again, MM is helping Lorenzo, it's disgusting, ban MM, it's not the first time he's been caught cheating.

wiltshire builders
27-10-15, 07:18 PM
Rossi did nothing, MM was baiting him, slowing him down, overtaking then slowing again, Rossi went to push him wide, MM leaned into Rossi, knocking his foot off peg, then fell off. Anyone who thinks different needs to watch the vids, especially the helicopter ones again, MM is helping Lorenzo, it's disgusting, ban MM, it's not the first time he's been caught cheating.

Nobody is disputing what Marquez did. Whether or not he was playing with Rossi isn't even a question as there is only one answer. Yes!
What isn't cut and dry is what happened next.
What I saw was Rossi shut the throttle and stand the bike up mid corner.
He even admitted to doing it so saying Marquez turned into him doesn't really stand up.
He was already committed to the corner.
If Rossi had slammed on the brakes on the straight in order to brake check the Spaniard would that be ok?
Rossi's job is to race. The race directors job is to dish out the justice.
Maybe Rossi would do well to remember that the next time he feels like laying down the law.

Mitch9128
28-10-15, 07:03 AM
He was pushing him wide, no more, it's not laying down the law, it's racing. Some of the overtakes by MM were mental, you could see a big off coming, on lap 5, not the last lap.

Burbler
28-10-15, 07:48 AM
Pushing people wide or diving up the inside are standard practices in both bike and car racing. These two were taking that to the 'silly bugger' level and Rossi was the better 'silly bugger'.
Perhaps a finacial or points fine for both for dangerous riding or bringing the sport into disrepute. I hope an appeal is succesful.

wiltshire builders
28-10-15, 08:25 AM
I do agree with Colin Edwards though that you don't mess with a rider that's competing for the title if you're not in contention.
This will come back to bite Marquez in the bum. The fans won't put up with it.

Mitch9128
28-10-15, 08:53 AM
And as for Lorenzo, what he said, makes me dislike him even more than i did before.

Mitch9128
28-10-15, 09:01 AM
Pushing people wide or diving up the inside are standard practices in both bike and car racing. These two were taking that to the 'silly bugger' level and Rossi was the better 'silly bugger'.
Perhaps a finacial or points fine for both for dangerous riding or bringing the sport into disrepute. I hope an appeal is succesful.

Rossi got three points, add that to the 1 he already had, he starts from back of the grid. Now this could be the best race ever in Motogp history, or a massive fizzle out if Lorenzo just grinds out the laps, and Rossi cannot get through the pack.

wiltshire builders
28-10-15, 11:08 AM
Rossi got three points, add that to the 1 he already had, he starts from back of the grid. Now this could be the best race ever in Motogp history, or a massive fizzle out if Lorenzo just grinds out the laps, and Rossi cannot get through the pack.

I'm really hoping that the pack will let Rossi through and Ducati will tell Ionnone and Dovi to tow him to the front.
It'll be an absolute coup for Ducati.
Just think how popular they'll be with the Italian fans.
Unfortunately Rossi isn't great at Valencia.

Mitch9128
28-10-15, 11:42 AM
I'm really hoping that the pack will let Rossi through and Ducati will tell Ionnone and Dovi to tow him to the front.
It'll be an absolute coup for Ducati.
Just think how popular they'll be with the Italian fans.
Unfortunately Rossi isn't great at Valencia.

A bit of rain, and we could have a rerun of Silverstone :D

redken1
28-10-15, 12:59 PM
I would love to see him win the championship one more time.

BB
28-10-15, 06:48 PM
I do agree with Colin Edwards though that you don't mess with a rider that's competing for the title if you're not in contention.
This will come back to bite Marquez in the bum. The fans won't put up with it.

Agree with Colin Edwards too.

Never liked Marquez anyway

Mitch9128
28-10-15, 07:51 PM
Colin Edwards never said it, he was re-tweeting Laverty's tweet :)

http://www.cycleworld.com/2015/10/27/what-are-the-other-motogp-riders-saying-about-the-rossi-vs-marquez-controversy/?src=SOC&dom=fb

Here's a frame by frame shot of the action, MM engineered his own demise.

https://youtu.be/4IbC-Yu7EAQ

wiltshire builders
28-10-15, 10:14 PM
There are quite a few people who share your view Mitch.

http://youtu.be/ph7BfQlBkk8

Mitch9128
29-10-15, 10:01 AM
OMG are you saying i'm a NAZI?

;)

Mitch9128
29-10-15, 10:04 AM
What is amazing me, is that most people started off thinking Rossi was out of order, then upon reflection, and evidence realised it was MM, but his appeal fell on deaf ears.

Kevinb
29-10-15, 01:29 PM
Marc was baiting him but what he did at that speed could have ended up a lot worse. Rossi should have waited until after the race and smashed his face in then

Mitch9128
29-10-15, 02:04 PM
Marc was baiting him but what he did at that speed could have ended up a lot worse. Rossi should have waited until after the race and smashed his face in then

What who did at that speed?

redken1
29-10-15, 11:48 PM
What is amazing me, is that most people started off thinking Rossi was out of order, then upon reflection, and evidence realised it was MM, but his appeal fell on deaf ears.

I don't think it was a case of Rossi's appeal fell on deaf ears. The race officials looked at all the 'evidence' without wearing Rossi tinted glasses. IMO however, Marquez was very lucky to escape punishment for his part that led up to the incident.

Mitch9128
30-10-15, 07:00 AM
MM is still claiming Rossi kicked him off, but the evidence shows MM engineered his own crash, whereas Rossi is blatently telling the truth, Rossi tinted specs are not needed.

redken1
30-10-15, 09:11 AM
I suppose it is all down to how you interpret the evidence and clearly there are two schools of thought. Make what you will of Rossi's remarks. "Maybe I won’t even start at Valencia, I need to decide, It’s an unfair penalty because I didn’t want to make Marquez fall. I’m sorry he crashed because I just wanted to annoy him” As I say I think it was 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other, and Marquez should have faced a punishment too. At the end of the day, whatever our opinions, the decision will not be reversed. As has already been stated, I very much hope the other riders are sporting and refrain from blocking Rossi's path. I'm sure he won't need any motivating.

Mitch9128
30-10-15, 10:24 AM
MM onboard camera, watch from 14:00 http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=223_1445949332

Mitch9128
30-10-15, 02:33 PM
He's appealing http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/10/30/valentino-rossi-appeals-fim-stewards-decision/188688

Fingers crossed, they stay the penalty till after the Valencia race !

Julie_S
30-10-15, 08:45 PM
Aside from this 'incident' Mike and I are convinced this is just collusion to make sure the World Champion is a Spaniard.

Toph
31-10-15, 08:40 PM
Dorna and Fifa.... two sporting peas in a pod IMHO

Long John
02-11-15, 07:57 PM
Looking at the onboard footage, it looked like MM could have cleared off into the distance and challenged for the lead. All the brinksmanship with Rossi got him in a no win situation in more ways than one. Like I read on a post somewhere, nobody cared when Lorenzo won the championship last time and nobody will care if he wins it this time, unless your Spanish of course. Biggest losers are the fans who were expecting a battle right up to the last chequered flag.

Col
05-11-15, 12:19 PM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=02c_1445854029

:D ... all good entertainment and great race until Marq hit Rossi knee :p

Mitch9128
05-11-15, 02:26 PM
I LOL'd a lot at that Col, very funny :D

Mitch9128
05-11-15, 06:41 PM
Gah Rossi's appeal denied, he starts from back of grid, still it could be a thriller.

Last Train
05-11-15, 07:09 PM
It's completely wrecked what would've been a real edge of the seat finish to the championship. Which is the biggest disappointment of all.

Mitch9128
08-11-15, 03:17 PM
Well there you have it, if anyone was in any doubt, MM is JLo's bum buddy. He spends the whole race riding shotgun, and the only time he made a move, was when Dani went to overtake him. He could have had JLo at any point in the race, but chose to ride shotgun, and protect him, disgusting.

redken1
08-11-15, 04:00 PM
Gutted for Rossi. But surprised that so many GP fans seem surprised that MM helped his fellow compatriot win his 3rd title. Rightly or wrongly, it was expected. I wonder if Rossi will retire now?