PDA

View Full Version : Got a flat !!!

DC
11-10-15, 07:01 PM
Anyone in Devizes where I can dump the bike for a day or two ? Need to get back to Swindon :O

WR6133
11-10-15, 08:14 PM
Probably as much use as a chocolate teapot but, if you can get it as far as Tidworth you can leave it here (I have spare covers and chains).

Toph
11-10-15, 08:41 PM
Just seen this... hope you get sorted DC...

DC
11-10-15, 09:19 PM
Cheers WR All sorted now , left it in the compound at Police Divisional HQ for the night ;) and hitched back to Swindon . Will take the van over in the morning and pick it up :cool:

Dennis_Sinanan
11-10-15, 09:51 PM
Andy, Glad to hear your baby is being watched over by Wiltshire's finest. I bet you are glad you have the proper number plate fitted? Or else you would be returning to a ticket for non-standard plate :-) Expensive parking :-)
See there is a bright side to having a "modern billboard" number plate :-)

Hope you get the tyre sorted soon and it does not cost you too much.

DC
11-10-15, 10:40 PM
Andy, Glad to hear your baby is being watched over by Wiltshire's finest. I bet you are glad you have the proper number plate fitted? Or else you would be returning to a ticket for non-standard plate :-) Expensive parking :-)
See there is a bright side to having a "modern billboard" number plate :-)

Hope you get the tyre sorted soon and it does not cost you too much.

Ha Ha Dennis !!! ;) I did have a bit of a chuckle at the timing and the Irony , free board and lodgings for the bike in the safest place in the county , but I paid dearly for it in advance . If i hadn't been stopped for my plate last month I'd have been reluctant to go there and try to park it up for the night . Funny how things work out.............. Think I'll be keeping the billboard from now on :cool:

DC
12-10-15, 06:56 PM
Took the van over to Devizes today to pick up the bike , and I'd like to sing the praises of the Wiltshire Police for taking such good care of the old girl , especially PC Neil Hannis who was there last night to help me get sorted and actually came down today when I arrived and helped me put the bike in the van, top man .

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m596/daddycool42/20151012_150402_zpsi9wiehuv.jpg

RideSallyRide
12-10-15, 06:56 PM
Sorry to hear of your misfortune but glad you managed to get home safely. A few minutes earlier and you'd have been my first pillion!

DC
12-10-15, 07:31 PM
Sorry to hear of your misfortune but glad you managed to get home safely. A few minutes earlier and you'd have been my first pillion!

Cheers Sally , I actually felt it start to go spongy on the roundabout where we split up . You only just slipped the net !

Red Zed 1
14-10-15, 12:15 AM
damn..if id seen this you could have left it at my work and id given you a lift home..ah well..at least your sorted now..

DC
14-10-15, 12:45 PM
damn..if id seen this you could have left it at my work and id given you a lift home..ah well..at least your sorted now..

Not to worry Al , all sorted now , but thanks :cool: