PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

StreetHippo
18-09-15, 04:04 PM
It's that time of year again, and my current insurers are trying to have my pants down (Bennetts), so has anyone got good service/price and recommends????
Cheers,
Stu

Uber Dave
18-09-15, 04:06 PM
MCE gave me decent prices when I was in a similar situation to you with Bennets, plus you get good discounts on BSB rounds etc.

WR6133
18-09-15, 04:08 PM
Compare the market always gets me the cheapest quotes.

Burbler
18-09-15, 07:44 PM
It's that time of year again, and my current insurers are trying to have my pants down (Bennetts)

Taint just Bennets, it's all of 'em.

I've changed providers for both car and bike almost every year. Went 7 years with one mob then they put it up by 105 %.

As said already, no loyalty these days, get on a comparison site...easy game.

Wes
18-09-15, 08:35 PM
Carole Nash are worth a go, got a good deal on mine, it also includes a lot of the services that are bolt ons with other companies. Its worth checking the breakdown cover as well, not all of them are get you home ones like CN.

Mitch9128
19-09-15, 10:32 AM
Try H&R insurance, they were the cheapest for me after an no fault claim in 2011, went to Bennetts this year as they came out cheapest for me. Always test the compare websites first, all the insurers can see your searches, so do a compare and ring Bennetts back, they may match the cheapest, that's worked for me before.

pilninggas
19-09-15, 11:16 AM
Flip side: My renewal with Bennetts in June was cheaper than any comparison site and cheaper even than getting a fresh requote on Bennetts site. There's logic and then there is insurance qoutation and renewal.....

Carver
19-09-15, 02:12 PM
another recommendation for carole nash here...just as wes said lots included. I would also add that they always give me their best price on renewal straight away not like others when you get their renewal price in the post then when you ring them up and ask for their best renewal price it drops 30-50 quid!

Oldbiker61
19-09-15, 08:38 PM
Comparison websites is the best way forward, however i have heard Hastings aren't bad

SupeRDel
20-09-15, 11:10 AM
Cheapest ain't sometimes the best. Some will sting you 25 or 30 quid a time if you make slight policy changes during the year.
Consider if you are going to make any changes in a year

Most of them want totally standard bikes and not many of us ride them. Get involved in a expensive serious accident where you have to pay other people and they may have a loop hole to not pay.

Beware of "free" breakdown cover. The "free" can be very restrictive. Some will only take you to nearest garage and others have a max claim of a few hundred quid a time.
£300 is can sometimes only be worth about 50 miles in breakdown recovery

Julie_S
20-09-15, 11:53 AM
I've used the MCN Compare site the last 2 years, your current insurer will always try their luck come renewal time with a higher premium as they seem to rely on most people not bothering to change because the hassle. If you use the MCN Compare you can jiggle cover to suit what you want, your excess, riding other bikes etc, when you're happy phone the insurer who has given the best price to make sure it is exactly what you need. I ignore the legal insurance, leather cover and all the stuff they use to hike your premium up (I believe you are free to use who you wish for legal? I would rather use someone who knows there stuff with bikes rather than some company engaged at the convenience of my insurers...)

I'm with Bennetts this year, 3 years ago they were good for my Street Triple, 2 years ago they were one of the pricier companies that quoted me so don't dismiss someone who was expensive a couple of years ago just because they were, you don't know until you ask

Rabb
20-09-15, 09:24 PM
I shop around every year ( I have no loyalty at all ).

I have been doing this since 1984 for any insurance product.