PDA

View Full Version : Shiny New Biker

KeeKa
07-09-15, 01:09 PM
Hello you lot :)
Just wanted to introduce myself! New to this biking business! Been a pillion rider with my brother in law for a while but have taken the plunge - done the CBT and now on the look out for a bike - anyone had any dealings with Budget Bikes in Swindon?

Trev
07-09-15, 02:39 PM
Hi and welcome, have fun choosing your first bike. Sorry can't help with Budget Bikes as miles away from Swindon but I'm sure there are a few on here who can give you the low down on them

Last Train
07-09-15, 02:45 PM
Afternoon KeeKa :)

DC
07-09-15, 04:52 PM
Hi and welcome to WB:cool:

shiftyblake
07-09-15, 06:22 PM
My mate brought his bike there. Old blade I collected it and it ran out of fuel as I left the place. It is what it is, budget bikes, I think its hit and miss just because of the type of bikes. But a good bike is a good bike you just need to either know bikes or take along someone who does and can tell if it is a bag of nails or not.

Jed
07-09-15, 08:32 PM
Hello and welcome to the group.

Oldbiker61
07-09-15, 09:49 PM
Never bought one from there myself, but bought a 125 for my wife from fowlers Bristol, was told to avoid Budget bikes. But as previous post depends if you know or have a friend who knows about bikes. There's plenty of bikes out there.

BB
07-09-15, 10:03 PM
Hi and welcome to WB :cool:

WR6133
08-09-15, 07:23 AM
Welcome.

You could skip the whole pootling round on a 125 and get your full licence. While I enjoyed my 125 at the time, in hindsight it was a waste of money, screwing the life out of a small bike constantly to still get tailgated by Audi's and overtaken by the National Express gets tiresome fast. You wouldn't have to buy a FireBusa Gixxerblade 14000RR straight away there's lots of 3/4/500cc bikes out there that would probably keep you entertained for a while.

If you do get one I'd look private sale (fleabay/gumtree are flooded with them), I'm not sure what a dealer could offer on a used 125 to make the % extra on the price worthwhile.

Wes
08-09-15, 08:09 AM
Hi and welcome :)

KeeKa
08-09-15, 09:33 AM
Thanks WR6133 - that does make total sense - but I wouldn't describe myself as a natural on the road (took me 10 months to pass by driving test) :)

BB
08-09-15, 09:27 PM
Whatever you buy, just make sure you are happy and comfortable with the size and weight and don't worry about the cc or top speed. Don't get pressured into the bigger better faster until you are confident.
Lots of fun to be had on so called 'little' bikes. I've had all sorts from a Honda 125 to an FZ1 and enjoyed them all. :cool:

Gerry
09-09-15, 10:48 AM
Wise words as always BB ;-)

QB1
09-09-15, 01:17 PM
Hello you lot :)
Just wanted to introduce myself! New to this biking business! Been a pillion rider with my brother in law for a while but have taken the plunge - done the CBT and now on the look out for a bike - anyone had any dealings with Budget Bikes in Swindon?

Hi

I bought a bike from Budget Bikes a few years ago - no problems with it at all.

I think the trouble with Budget Bikes is that you need to know what you are looking at and bear in mind a bike you get there (unless you are lucky) is going to need TLC.

I often feel its a bit unfair to moan/compare Budget Bikes to main dealers as said above it is after all budget bikes.

Personally I'd have a look at EBay and compare the prices there with Budget Bikes etc.

Vulcanboy
15-09-15, 10:09 PM
Welcome to WB ! :D. Richard