PDA

View Full Version : two stroke revival

Trev
31-08-15, 05:56 PM
Great little ride out with my Brother-in-law yesterday, he on his 350LC me on my X7. Only covered about 70 miles but took in some great back roads and even enjoyed ourselves on the quicker A roads, at least as far a my bottle allowed running the poor little X7 on full chat for a few seconds at a time. Roads were a bit damp but only saw a bit of rain and modern tyres make a whole lot of difference.

Although I have always had bikes BIL dipped out for a long time and then an eye accident put him off the road for a few years, this was the first time we've ridden together since our proddie racing efforts in our early twenties and, as always, I struggled to keep up, difference is this time around I won't be trading the X7 for a LC!

Last Train
31-08-15, 09:28 PM
I bet a fine noise was made.

:cool:

Vulcanboy
01-09-15, 07:52 PM
... and smoke signals given out too ... :rolleyes:?

BugsyB
05-09-15, 07:45 PM
MZ is real 2 stroking. Narrow 'power' band, clouds of smoke and ring ding ding from the exhaust. I've owned mine for 25 years. It takes a morning to completely strip and rebuild the engine and gearbox and that's not trying hard with plenty of tea breaks along the way. It attracts more interest when I park it than my Super and Hyper bikes. I usually take it to Calne in July. Sports bikes are 2 a penny, but there aren't many MZs there. Spares are cheap and plentiful too. Try one, they are cheap as chips now, that can't last.

wheelers
05-09-15, 07:54 PM
Bugsy, reverse the cone in the exhaust :)
I love smokers , nice to see them starting to make a come back

Trev
05-09-15, 08:34 PM
Alongside the X7 I've also got a KDX200SR and a V50 step thru that I need to get back on the road to complete the two stroke revival, maybe this Winter?

shiftyblake
06-09-15, 09:10 PM
Can't beat the smell !

Vulcanboy
06-09-15, 11:05 PM
... I agree ..... mmmmmmmmmm! 2 stroke oil ..... nice! :rolleyes:

Trev
07-09-15, 08:20 AM
Can't beat the smell !

or the price, with decent two stroke at anything upwards of £10 a litre and a bit of thirst for petrol (not you MZ riders of course) then it ain't a cheap mode of transport