PDA

View Full Version : My little secret.....

shiftyblake
31-07-15, 09:00 PM
Always feel that riding my bike is such a pleasure that no car driver could understand its almost a secret pleasure.... out on the ZZR whizzing through Avebury, Rockbourne etc tonight just taking an hour and half of pure selfish fun! To a car driver its just crazy !!! ... love that !

BB
01-08-15, 09:50 AM
Agreed, enjoy :cool:

Toph
01-08-15, 10:50 AM
"There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'"...:)

redken1
01-08-15, 09:20 PM
I'm a car driver and I understand fully the pleasure of riding a bike. Driving my car is like torture and in contrast, riding my bike is total pleasure.

pluggedinpete
02-08-15, 06:50 PM
I had a little ride out down to West Bay and West Bexington, and yeah, it must be tortuous for the people in metal cages in this weather being trapped in traffic jams. (though one silly idiot in a citroen ruined the road between Blandford and Shaftsbury for me. I *couldn't* get by him... grrr)

Trev
02-08-15, 09:08 PM
A sweet 160 mile round trip this morning on the Gixxer11 reminded me just how much old sports bikes rock, stonking mid range means rolling on in 4th or 5th gets you past all past most things and lovely induction roar right underneath you. I even enjoyed the caravans and horse boxes 'cos once past the queue they had formed I had open road for miles. Castle Cary to Glastonbury not great though, too many speed limits and dawdling drivers

Burbler
02-08-15, 09:15 PM
There are those that slow and accelerate in such a manner as to make getting past them safely very difficult. It just HAS to be malice aforethought.

On the other hand, during my rideout today (about a dozen), on 2 occasions land-rover-type vehicles on non-white-line roads pulled over and let us all pass. Toots and waves said 'thanks'.

WR6133
03-08-15, 09:36 AM
Was thankful last night that a bike could easily cut through the M4 carpark.

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh504/wr6133/vlcsnap-2015-08-03-09h33m24s732_zpsrwkggvxl.png (http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/wr6133/media/vlcsnap-2015-08-03-09h33m24s732_zpsrwkggvxl.png.html)

wiltshire builders
03-08-15, 10:18 PM
You're obviously driving the wrong car.
A mate has just taken delivery of a brand new M3 and hasn't stopped going on about it!
At £56,000 though it'd have to be pretty special. ��

shiftyblake
04-08-15, 06:47 PM
We all like are cars to some degree, and to be fair I have had my fair share but still the matey in the M3 is still missing out on a lot of fun from two wheels you could get for £1000 !

redken1
04-08-15, 09:20 PM
We all like are cars to some degree, and to be fair I have had my fair share but still the matey in the M3 is still missing out on a lot of fun from two wheels you could get for £1000 !

Bkes are not for everyone. As long as people are having fun it doesn't matter how they get their kicks. I don't get cricket, but it must be appealing to some people as they sit for hours watching it. They may think you are missing out on a lot of fun for nothing. I am with you though, nowt comes close to the grin factor of the bike for me.

wiltshire builders
05-08-15, 06:56 AM

Ahhhh, I should've pointed out he also rides a BMW 1000s so don't worry he's not missing out.

wiltshire builders
05-08-15, 06:58 AM
Bkes are not for everyone. As long as people are having fun it doesn't matter how they get their kicks. I don't get cricket, but it must be appealing to some people as they sit for hours watching it. They may think you are missing out on a lot of fun for nothing. I am with you though, nowt comes close to the grin factor of the bike for me.

Very true Ken.
I play cricket and quite enjoy it but I'll be buggered if I'm going to waste my day watching it.