PDA

View Full Version : Ninja 250r engine randomly cutting out

Marie M
02-07-15, 02:56 PM
My 08 ninja has randomly cut out twice in the last week as I've been approaching roundabouts/ traffic lights, the whole bike just shuts down and the engine light comes on. I've given it a thorough check over and have no idea what could causing it.

Does anyone know what could be causing it?

Thanks,
Marie

Linford
02-07-15, 05:58 PM
Start with the obvious first...check your battery terminals are done up nice and tight... I recently watched a vlogger on youtube that had a very similar problem.. he checked pretty much every switch on his bike before finding his battery was loose!
Failing that could possibly be a faulty sidestand or cut off switch perhaps?
Hope you get it sorted soon ☺

njl
02-07-15, 09:48 PM
perhaps bad / contaminated fuel? I gather Kwaks have a diag lead under the seat which you can ground down to make the dash blink out fault codes which may give you some pointers. Check for a guide on your model though in case this isn't valid.

Burbler
12-07-15, 09:14 AM
What do you do to make it start again?

Marie M
12-07-15, 04:05 PM
I've checked all the battery connections and nothing is loose. I've noticed it happens when I have either a full tank of fuel or a half tank of fuel.

Wes
12-07-15, 06:32 PM
Is it still cold? as ive seen a few comments on utube which seem to point to the ninja taking a while to get up to running temprature

wheelers
12-07-15, 10:09 PM
does it have carb heaters or not?
if not need a mod, if yes then are they working electrically or coolant may have air lock.