PDA

View Full Version : My Grandsons 1st pillion ride Sunday

Kevinb
08-06-15, 01:06 PM
Got him kitted out Saturday by some very helpful staff in Fowlers and took him out Sunday. 9 years old and loved it
Now created a monster who also wanted to go out today but was told I was at work and he would be at school by his mum

Dabz
08-06-15, 04:03 PM
Excellent :D

Wes
08-06-15, 07:15 PM
Nice one mate :)

Kevinb
12-06-15, 12:37 PM
Second ride last night and trundled around Trowbridge and then on to Holt so he could go past his school. (MT-01 does roast your legs when your riding slowly)
Intend to go out more, a little further each time.

We did get most of the kit for him but couldn't get any armoured trousers. Does anyone know of anywhere else other than Fowlers (fairly locally) that does kids stuff?

Any very local biker meets as he wants to go out with other bikers and stop for lunch

Cheers Kev

BB
12-06-15, 06:10 PM
Growing up fast Kevin :)

Kevinb
15-06-15, 12:48 PM
Certainly is. I bought one of those belts with the hand grips on and asked him to try and pull against me. I almost ended up taking the motorbike boot racking out in Fowlers and ending up on the floor.

bubblylittleme
16-06-15, 06:56 AM
Bought my grandsons off eBay.

BB
16-06-15, 07:13 AM
Misread that for a second Bubbylittleme, thought you had bought the grandson off Ebay! :D

Kevinb
16-06-15, 01:14 PM
I was looking on e-bay but not sure what kids size he needs whether medium or large. He's a big 9 year old (don't know where he gets that from)

Jon_W
17-06-15, 02:19 PM
Great stuff. Get 'em hooked young!

Kevinb
19-06-15, 12:43 PM
Bought my grandsons off eBay.

My daughter gave birth to ours

Stuntsunlimited
19-06-15, 10:29 PM
Little bit of a hijack.

I got my 10 year old on my R1 few weeks ago, went around the block - she was terrified at first - then she loved it, when she next visited, went a little further, and now. 'can we go on the motorbike Daddy'... Her mum went ballistic, and started quoting statistics. I calmly explained if you're using that logic, I should be dead. And the ole bikes, are dangerous. Which I get. She claimed 'its my job to keep her safe as he parent' well yep, I'm her parent too and its my job to keep her safe... Of course bikes CAN be dangerous. I grew up around motorbikes, I had my first when I really young, screaming it around the garden. My parents thought nothing of the fact I'd go on the back of my Uncle's CB1000 or whatever he had that month. I love the fact little one is now into bikes. I might buy her a little pocket bike - that will annoy her mum. lol

Kevinb
23-06-15, 01:30 PM
Third ride and now going a little further and leaning a bit more. He's still loving it and liked the popping/bangs coming down the hill in Bradford-on-avon