PDA

View Full Version : I see your point

wiltshire builders
20-05-15, 10:44 AM
There are quite a few people on here that don't like cyclists.
As a keen cyclist I generally disagree.....until now.

Driving to work this morning down a lane, with parked cars on my right, I saw a cyclist coming towards me with his daughter on the crossbar. Naturally I assumed he would stop behind the obstruction on his side of the road 1. Because I was already coming through and 2. BECAUSE ITS THE LAW!!!
How wrong I was.
He plowed on, trying to squeeze through the gap then punched my brand new, £22,000 van.

This idiot not only endangered his life but that of his daughter then somehow blamed me.
Unfortunately people like him give the rest of us a bad name.
When he gets out of hospital I hope he acts in a more courteous manner towards other road users.

Nelly
20-05-15, 10:59 AM
Yup, there are some ignorant T***ts around :(

Trev
20-05-15, 12:09 PM
Being a dick head is independent to the mode of transport you use, the colour of your skin, the language you speak, your sexual orientation, your star sign or any other grouping - there are dick heads from all works of like, always have been, always will be. Fortunately the ratio of dick heads to 'normal' people is relatively small ; )

BB
20-05-15, 07:46 PM
I had a similar experience myself the other day with a fella cycling with a little girl on the handlebars, I'm sure if we were to do that on a motorcycle we would get the book thrown at us!

redken1
20-05-15, 09:11 PM
Were they wearing Lycra? That would explain a lot. Lol

Snowy
20-05-15, 09:16 PM
As a cyclist I would agree with everyone except Ken ;)

redken1
20-05-15, 09:30 PM
HaHa ha Graeme. On a serious note. Coming back from attending a funeral in Scotland last Saturday we pulled into a services. There were 4 disabled bays at the entrance of which 2 were occupied by vehicles with disabled drivers The remaining 2 by 2 motorbikes, 1 in each bay. As Trev rightly points out, the users of no particular mode of transport hold a monopoly on dickheadity. They come in all forms.

BB
21-05-15, 07:14 AM
They could have been disabled riders, might have been NABD members. Could have at least shared a bay though...

redken1
21-05-15, 07:25 AM
They could have been disabled riders, might have been NABD members. Could have at least shared a bay though...

That was my thoughts Judy, could have shared a bay.