PDA

View Full Version : oh what a day

wheelers
04-04-15, 08:56 PM
got my hair cut today by a girl friend. her brother was helping put a fence up. known the family for 30 odd years,volunteered to help wit a post or two then left. he is an ex biker riding modified bike now due to damaged hand after bike accident.
went home and thought nip to Riders and Fowlers for a few parts for repairs!!
car!! nah too late , too busy, quicker by bike. after faffing around finding jacket and waterproofs to wear decided on the Ducati as weapon of choice.
nice ride down, 5 ways get a Land Rover Defender pull out in front of me.
A46 bottom of slip road before Bath turn off. Speed camera , sensible speed ok there.
nod to all the riders out, warming up still got leggins on getting old:) Road Kill you could feed all the imigrants for a year
into Warmley Bristol round ring road good blast out down to Keynsham into Riders. damn no air filter, no plugs for a Ironhead sportster...
into Fowlers, yippee job for tomorrow repair slave cylinder on friends Firestorm .
way back?? Keynsham Bath or Warmley, Marshfield??
Keynsham bypass open it up and see why its missing!! nah, 30 speed limit road works.
down hill, remember speed camera back on down towards Globe.
Bl**dy road works there as well.
round Bath, at least Rugby are away today.
Viaduct closed so back to A4 then..
down to Lambridge, bus stopping, bus stop, ok, take care passing...SH!T
apparently driver stopped and flashed lights to let car out , pity he didnt check his side first.
Ah well. next to no speed dented back of car, couple of rubber rubs on fairing from boots and a broken indicator
took weight of bike on me ,
young girl driving car maybe 17 or 18 , father is a police man and she is in a lease car, great. couple of grand damage to car £50 will fix bike and buy a pint!! I reckon bike fell over after denting back wing at no speed at all....

hope you had a nice ride today good to see everyone out, Riders was busy, Fowlers ok but pain now parts is in Honda building

Trev
04-04-15, 09:30 PM
Doh!

Hassle of insurance claim but at least no harm to you and not much to the bike. We're all due one every now and then, hopefully that's yours for next 20 years+

Last Train
04-04-15, 09:51 PM
Crikey wheelers, that's a bit of a day

Nelly
05-04-15, 08:01 AM
Done the lottery?

BB
05-04-15, 07:28 PM
What's that? bugger? :p

Mal103
07-04-15, 05:25 PM
I've had mine today, replaced chain and sprockets over the weekend but didn't fully test ride it, got the rear disc a bit mucky so first bend this morning applies rear brake and not a lot happened so had to pull front, wheel slips straight out and I hit the road.

Managed to take most of force on the protector but snapped the gear lever and bracket, bumped knee and wrenched thumb which is now a bit swollen.

Got a bracket from Sprint Manufacturing 2nd hand and ordered a gear lever, was saying to him that I've rode every day over winter on frosty roads, through farmers mud and slippery gravel, not a problem, nice sunny dry morning and I fall off!!!

Last Train
07-04-15, 06:13 PM
Fix well mate.