PDA

View Full Version : Definitely excessive.

Nelly
30-03-15, 04:43 PM
I guess this guy wasn't looking in the mirror too often!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-32120199

Dabz
30-03-15, 06:20 PM
Geez if one of those cars had slammed on their brakes when he was following close behind at 130+ he'd be dead instead of just banned

Republic
30-03-15, 06:28 PM
I hope he's not an airline pilot

Mitch9128
30-03-15, 07:06 PM
Meh true top speed was nearer 120, the cops were always going to have to exceed his top speed to catch up with him.

wiltshire builders
30-03-15, 07:06 PM
What a d*ck.
Lucky he didn't get jail time for that.
I don't have a problem with the speed but his riding was all over the place, in heavy traffic and 2 up!

Swanny
30-03-15, 07:24 PM
Lucky for him he didn't open it up

Dan
30-03-15, 08:00 PM
15 month ban at 150mph doesn't seem very fitting? Would expect a lot more, if not jail time.

Trev
30-03-15, 09:07 PM
15 month ban at 150mph doesn't seem very fitting? Would expect a lot more, if not jail time.

I'm obviously well out of touch but really, jail for speeding? I could nick your bike, ride it with no insurance and still get off with a small fine and points or short ban and would need to commit several similar offences (maybe dozens) before jail was a real liklehood

Swanny
31-03-15, 08:46 AM
I think that's far to much for 150 mph

Banned for riding like he was but not because he hit 150

wiltshire builders
31-03-15, 05:17 PM
After looking at this lot, I'd say he got off very lightly. His saving grace was that he didn't try and run and admitted it.
http://news.sky.com/story/734469/biker-jailed-after-166mph-speeding-ticket
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2009/july/jul2009-12-months-jail-for-speeding-biker/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22449442
http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/mar/02/speeding-motorcyclist-122mph

redken1
31-03-15, 07:33 PM
I'm obviously well out of touch but really, jail for speeding? I could nick your bike, ride it with no insurance and still get off with a small fine and points or short ban and would need to commit several similar offences (maybe dozens) before jail was a real liklehood

I think a lot of people would disagree on the basis that he was endangering the lives of all the other road users he encountered. It was not a simple case of speeding with a clear road ahead. He was switching lanes, weaving in and out of traffic at speeds in excess of 100 mph. As already stated by Dan he is one very lucky chappy.

Mitch9128
31-03-15, 08:12 PM
My god you lot don't get any younger do ya!? Meh, looks just like my summer commute, bar a pillion :)

Let those who have never exceeded 100mph on her majesties roads reply, everyone else zip it ;)

redken1
31-03-15, 08:19 PM
So you think it is acceptable to undertake in excess of 100mph in the slow lane on the motorway carrying a pillion?

Uber Dave
31-03-15, 10:10 PM
So you think it is acceptable to undertake in excess of 100mph in the slow lane on the motorway carrying a pillion?

I am sure Mitch was being sarcastic, hence the winky smilie at the end.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

redken1
01-04-15, 04:01 AM
I am sure Mitch was being sarcastic, hence the winky smilie at the end.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Apologies should have noticed the icons.

Trev
01-04-15, 09:12 AM
I think a lot of people would disagree on the basis that he was endangering the lives of all the other road users he encountered. It was not a simple case of speeding with a clear road ahead. He was switching lanes, weaving in and out of traffic at speeds in excess of 100 mph. As already stated by Dan he is one very lucky chappy.

I was commenting on the suggestion of jail for doing 150mph and how out of touch I am with views on whether speeding itself warrants a jail term compared to other 'crimes' rather than the dick head riding of the guy in the video. TBH if he is the type of person who has scant regard for pillion or other road users + crap awareness of what's happening behind him (a dodgy bike up your chuff at those speeds?) then he deserves all he gets.

Burbler
01-04-15, 09:17 AM
I often went out with the boss in one of my first jobs (late 60s) mostly on the M4 corridor between Cardiff and Reading. He would rarely fall below three figures in the 3 l Granada and regularly cruised at 115 or so. Didn't seem a problem at the time.

Mal103
01-04-15, 12:55 PM
Speed's not a problem, it's the inability to stop or react when something changes... like someone swerving or changing lanes in this case. I also think he didn't do 148, the one following did that speed to catch up, still barmy though. Would be another statistic for people to point at bikes and say they are dangerous.

Kevinb
01-04-15, 01:21 PM
I used to have a Suzuki AP50 that would have given him a run for his money. As all us sixteen year olds knew our bikes could go supersonic

Trev
01-04-15, 02:14 PM
I used to have a Suzuki AP50 that would have given him a run for his money. As all us sixteen year olds knew our bikes could go supersonic

Even I would have to admit that my AP50 wouldn't keep up with that but I recall a couple of 'fizzy' owners (boo, hiss) that would have claimed they could! It was great being 16, not only did you believe anything but you thought everyone else did as well ; )

redken1
01-04-15, 04:39 PM
Even I would have to admit that my AP50 wouldn't keep up with that but I recall a couple of 'fizzy' owners (boo, hiss) that would have claimed they could! It was great being 16, not only did you believe anything but you thought everyone else did as well ; )

Fizzies were King. I progressed to a GT185 at 17 and recall thinking why would anyone want a bike bigger than this. Such thoughts lasted about a week lol. ;)

wiltshire builders
01-04-15, 05:05 PM
I often went out with the boss in one of my first jobs (late 60s) mostly on the M4 corridor between Cardiff and Reading. He would rarely fall below three figures in the 3 l Granada and regularly cruised at 115 or so. Didn't seem a problem at the time.

It probably wasn't. I bet there was a quarter of the traffic on the road.
There are so many people who jump on speed as being a killer. It like a loaded gun. On its own it's harmless. Throw a d*ckhead into the mix and that's when people start getting hurt.

I remember My dad telling me about when he used to work for Marcos cars and was driving the van down the M4 when a Ford GT40, in full race livery complete with flames shooting out of the pipes, passed him so fast it shook the van.
Maybe it was a 3l Granada?

Swanny
01-04-15, 06:46 PM
Back in the day AP50's were quick . Not sure you'd get 150 out of one though.
Maybe 140 if you were led on the tank with the wind behind you.