PDA

View Full Version : Words Literally Fail Me...

WhyNot
23-02-15, 02:03 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2965009/Killer-driver-escapes-jail-telling-extreme-remorse-outrages-victim-s-family-Facebook-boasts-great-year.html#readerCommentsCommand-message-field

What a stupid girl, the comments are blood boiling to, in case it gets taken down, here's what one of her friends wrote ....

KatieCustardG (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/registration/1424693955449691/KatieCustardG/profile.html), Manchester, United Kingdom, about an hour ago
Fail to add in this though that he wasnt wearing the correct clothing on his motorcycle?

I dont know in what world being suited in the best could save you from a head on :( And I dont know how anyone can describe the year that they accidentally killed someone as 'a great year'

WR6133
23-02-15, 02:34 PM
Daily Fail, the commenters will be nearly as retarded as the writers.

Case itself I think she should have been punished more, but lets face it killing someone on a motorbike is not really a crime as far as our courts see it, remember that 16 year old girl wiped out and left to die by the drunk driver? He got more time for lying than killing her (this case http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-24146473 ).

Nelly
23-02-15, 03:45 PM
Sadly it's the way of life now. There are endless stories of hit and runs as well. Too busy to stop and check if driver/rider are ok or is it the case that they are just too "dont give a ****". I'm not sure that i could ever forget such a thing if it were to happen to me. I once knocked over a 12 yr old boy who ran out from behind a bus. Thankfully it was a few bumps and scratches due to me crawling along as i knew the area. Kept me awake at night for weeks though. and i hope that it never happens again....

Linford
23-02-15, 03:47 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2965009/Killer-driver-escapes-jail-telling-extreme-remorse-outrages-victim-s-family-Facebook-boasts-great-year.html#readerCommentsCommand-message-field

What a stupid girl, the comments are blood boiling to, in case it gets taken down, here's what one of her friends wrote ....

KatieCustardG (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/registration/1424693955449691/KatieCustardG/profile.html), Manchester, United Kingdom, about an hour ago
Fail to add in this though that he wasnt wearing the correct clothing on his motorcycle?

I dont know in what world being suited in the best could save you from a head on :( And I dont know how anyone can describe the year that they accidentally killed someone as 'a great year'

That's awful- poor bloke and his family. . .

Any half decent person would be devastated at causing the death of another and go out of their way to make amends to the bereaved family.
- She's obviously a heartless bitch.

Uber Dave
23-02-15, 08:57 PM
Am I the only one who fails to see what the problem with this is other than the fact the family of the biker have been stalking her in the first place to find these posts.

What is she meant to do, walk around wearing black for her entire life and tell everyone she is sorry constantly? She said sorry in court which was likely months after the accident so how long exactly do you all expect her to keep saying sorry. People can move one!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Swanny
23-02-15, 09:13 PM
Just goes to show how stupid people are when using social media

wiltshire builders
23-02-15, 10:00 PM
Tricky one.
Like WR said this is The Daily Mail so a lot of it will be sensationalised rubbish.

Dave is right that people do have to move on but I doubt the family stalked her.
More likely the Mail found out about the posts then told the family. That's the sort of thing they do.
On the surface she does seem a bit insensitive and not as punishing of herself as she made out to the court.

redken1
24-02-15, 12:59 PM
Tricky one.
Like WR said this is The Daily Mail so a lot of it will be sensationalised rubbish.

Dave is right that people do have to move on but I doubt the family stalked her.
More likely the Mail found out about the posts then told the family. That's the sort of thing they do.
On the surface she does seem a bit insensitive and not as punishing of herself as she made out to the court.

I agree Dan.
It does seem that the girl is showing little remorse on the face of it. However, following a traumatic event, people react in different ways, experiencing a wide range of physical and emotional reactions. It is very common for some people to blank out the pain of such an event by disconnecting the brain and pretending that nothing happened. Is it possible that the girl in question is feeling such a sense of guilt that she is in denial? Of course the Mail never bothered to seek a response from the girl or her family before running the story so we don’t know. And of course if there was medical evidence available to substantiate that possibility, we would see a more balanced report. Did the Mail need to run this story in such a sensationalist manner? I doubt the tabloid’s motive was to raise awareness for bike safety. Such a sad story in many ways.
RIP Allan

Jed
24-02-15, 04:03 PM
For me its less about the driver getting on with her life (or trying to) after what must have been a traumatic event and more about the inconsistencies of the sentencing system. I remember a few years ago a young woman was sentenced to (I think) two years in jail for knocking a bloke off his bicycle and killing him, while she was texting. Seems reasonable? It happened at a traffic light controlled junction; she was on a green light and he went through the red into her path. Fair enough she was texting while driving which is illegal but the accident was actually caused by the cyclists failure to observe a red light. I'm not sure the sentence seems so fair now!

Swanny
24-02-15, 06:50 PM
Cyclists are a pain in the arse. I reckon this year the roads will be full of them. Fecking things :mad:

redken1
24-02-15, 07:17 PM
Cyclists are a pain in the arse. I reckon this year the roads will be full of them. Fecking things :mad:

Why?

Swanny
25-02-15, 09:55 AM
Riding two abreast on country roads for one

Dabz
25-02-15, 10:30 AM
People say similar about motorcyclists on cycling forums :) complete lack of tolerance for others in this country

Uber Dave
25-02-15, 12:15 PM

Which is completely legal and advised in the highway code as far as I know.

wiltshire builders
25-02-15, 01:14 PM
WHAT?!!!!! Oh the humanity!

Kevinb
25-02-15, 01:29 PM

Totally agree they should be banned from the roads.
1. They ride through red lights or mount the pavement to get through a junction
2. They don't have to have insurance (& yes they do hit things and scrape along cars)
3. They are slow and couldn't give a toss who is behind them
4. They cause pollution by being slow and holding up traffic that has to speed up to pass them and then pull in safely again.
5. I thought some bikers clothing was pretty hideous but cyclists take this to a new level.
6. They don't have to have any form of mot so a bike doesn't have to be roadworthy
7. They don't pay tax but like to bleat and complain about the state of the roads

Well that's my rant over. Lets hope I see a cyclist on the way home tonight

Trev
25-02-15, 02:18 PM
Totally agree they should be banned from the roads.
1. They ride through red lights or mount the pavement to get through a junction
2. They don't have to have insurance (& yes they do hit things and scrape along cars)
3. They are slow and couldn't give a toss who is behind them
4. They cause pollution by being slow and holding up traffic that has to speed up to pass them and then pull in safely again.
5. I thought some bikers clothing was pretty hideous but cyclists take this to a new level.
6. They don't have to have any form of mot so a bike doesn't have to be roadworthy
7. They don't pay tax but like to bleat and complain about the state of the roads

Well that's my rant over. Lets hope I see a cyclist on the way home tonight

Lucky I'm not cycling tonight then but on my bike, hopefully I get a nod rather than a one finger salute ; )

It's interesting to see all cyclists 'tarred with the same brush' as bikers often do with (cage) drivers as well, of course we would hate it if cyclists or drivers did the same for us

WR6133
25-02-15, 03:01 PM
It's interesting to see all cyclists 'tarred with the same brush'

When I berate cyclists it is specifically the lycra clad, carbon fibre riding little "peddle Nazis" that seem to go far out of their way to cause obstruction, often complete with helmet cam ready to post some heavily edited video online of the results of their intentional rudeness. Unfortunately they are increasingly common on the back roads around here. There are plenty of cyclists who don't act that way but unfortunately the dickhead minority seems significant enough the tar brushing is inevitable.

wiltshire builders
25-02-15, 03:02 PM
Lucky I'm not cycling tonight then but on my bike, hopefully I get a nod rather than a one finger salute ; )

It's interesting to see all cyclists 'tarred with the same brush' as bikers often do with (cage) drivers as well, of course we would hate it if cyclists or drivers did the same for us

Come on Trev admit it.
All cyclists jump red lights, break the law and don't deserve to be on the road due to the fact that they don't pay "road tax"......whatever that is.

It's much the same as all black people commit crime, all Jews are money grabbers and every gay man you see will bum you to within an inch of your life if you don't put your back to the wall.
It's just common sense.

Trev
25-02-15, 06:05 PM
When I berate cyclists it is specifically the lycra clad, carbon fibre riding little "peddle Nazis"

Chris - are you trying to say I don't count as a proper cyclist? Not sure which is most offensive; you thinking I'm not a proper cyclist as I wouldn't look good in lycra or the thought of you thinking about me dressed in lycra ; )

Come on Trev admit it.
All cyclists jump red lights, break the law and don't deserve to be on the road due to the fact that they don't pay "road tax"......whatever that is.

It's much the same as all black people commit crime, all Jews are money grabbers and every gay man you see will bum you to within an inch of your life if you don't put your back to the wall.
It's just common sense.

You got me, I was letting imagination and a sense of fair play get the better of me for a minute. Now where's my bucket of tar and that bloody great fence brush?

Swanny
25-02-15, 06:28 PM
Which is completely legal and advised in the highway code as far as I know.
That's insane.

I love the fact that they wear lycra and mitmot helmets. It completes the "I'm an arsehole" look :D

I do ride a push bike but being a considerate person I keep off of the roads and stick to towpaths and cycle paths leaving the roads to vehicles more suited to them.
While I'm at it, horses should be banned from the roads as well

For the record it's this type of cyclists that I don't like

http://keyassets.timeincuk.net/inspirewp/live/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2010/11/Fitness-Silver-Cyclists.jpg

The normal people out there using a bike as transport are usually ok........ ish

redken1
25-02-15, 08:09 PM
There is no doubting that a minority of cyclists behave irresponsibly on our roads. But that is true of road users of all modes of transport, including motorcyclists. I am dismayed at what I’m reading on this thread from members of the biking community which represents 1% of traffic. I cannot think of a more apt usage of the adage, "People who live in glass houses should not throw stones"
If you believe that cyclists should be banned from our roads because of the actions of a minority then you must accept that it is a legitimate position for the anti-biking lobby to take towards motorcyclists.

Snowy
25-02-15, 08:13 PM
What a load of bollox. Its such a load of bollox I can't be bothered to type any more bollox. Bollox.

Edit: and I wrote this before your post Ken. Bollox.

wiltshire builders
25-02-15, 08:14 PM
There is no doubting that a minority of cyclists behave irresponsibly on our roads. But that is true of road users of all modes of transport, including motorcyclists. I am dismayed at what I’m reading on this thread from members of the biking community which represents 1% of traffic. I cannot think of a more apt usage of the adage, "People who live in glass houses should not throw stones"
If you believe that cyclists should be banned from our roads because of the actions of a minority then you must accept that it is a legitimate position for the anti-biking lobby to take towards motorcyclists.

Nailed it Ken.

People are literally dying on our roads but we are selective with our sympathy due to their choice of transport?
It's insane.

Swanny
26-02-15, 09:59 AM
If you believe that cyclists should be banned from our roads

Just ban lycra from the roads :cool:

Swanny
26-02-15, 11:34 AM
What a load of bollox. Its such a load of bollox I can't be bothered to type any more bollox. Bollox.

Edit: and I wrote this before your post Ken. Bollox.

Come on Snowy you can do better than that ;)

It seems Raffles hotel in Australia has the right idea. :cool:

The Raffles Hotel in Perth bans Lycra after patrons complain they are ‘disgusted’ by the tight-fitting cyclewear

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fitness/the-raffles-hotel-in-perth-bans-lycra-after-patrons-complain-they-are-disgusted-by-the-tight-fitting-cyclewear/story-fnlsv23r-1227182491962

redken1
26-02-15, 05:23 PM
Just goes to show how stupid people are when using social media

I agree and they don't even know it.

Swanny
02-03-15, 09:58 AM
Took my new push bike for a ride yesterday. Nice sunny Sunday afternoon what could go wrong? Rode along the cycle path at Midford and through the tunnel, which I've never seen before and was pretty impressed with. When I got to the other end I stopped and was chatting to a woman about the tunnel and cycle path, we were taking up about 2/3rds of the wide path, when a lycra clad gimp shot past us at high speed moaning about us taking up too much room. Being in the presence of a woman and her daughter I had to refrain from sending him on his way with a few choice words.
So it seems these people are arseholes even on cycle paths and towards other cyclists :D
The woman I was talking to agreed that the gimps aren't nice people

redken1
02-03-15, 07:52 PM
Took my new push bike for a ride yesterday. Nice sunny Sunday afternoon what could go wrong? Rode along the cycle path at Midford and through the tunnel, which I've never seen before and was pretty impressed with. When I got to the other end I stopped and was chatting to a woman about the tunnel and cycle path, we were taking up about 2/3rds of the wide path, when a lycra clad gimp shot past us at high speed moaning about us taking up too much room. Being in the presence of a woman and her daughter I had to refrain from sending him on his way with a few choice words.
So it seems these people are arseholes even on cycle paths and towards other cyclists :D
The woman I was talking to agreed that the gimps aren't nice people

Sorry Swanny I'm missing something here - I'm just not grasping the link between negative personality traits and lycra. Do you think there is a slight possibility that the chap in question could behave like a 'gimp' even if he was dressed in different clothing?

I was talking to a woman today and she said she was quite fond of fit young men dressed in lycra. Was the woman you were talking to wearing a habit by any chance? Lol :p ;):rolleyes:

Snowy
02-03-15, 08:38 PM
[QUOTE=Swanny;470848] When I got to the other end I stopped and was chatting to a woman about the tunnel and cycle path, we were taking up about 2/3rds of the wide path...../QUOTE]

So you stopped in the middle of a cycle path blocking the route and you're surprised someone thinks you're in the way.....:D

Swanny
03-03-15, 07:15 PM
When I got to the other end I stopped and was chatting to a woman about the tunnel and cycle path, we were taking up about 2/3rds of the wide path.....

So you stopped in the middle of a cycle path blocking the route and you're surprised someone thinks you're in the way.....:D

No Snowy as I said, me the lady and her daughter we were taking up about 2/3rds (not blocking) of the wide path leaving 1/3rd free which the gimp shot through at high speed cussing as he did. He should have slowed down, for all he knew we could have had a small child with us.

Ken to cover your body in Lycra does seem very gimp-ish to me. And I'm sure if you're that way inclined that young men in Lycra are pleasing to the eye, but one of the worst things I've ever seen was an old man dressed in white Lycra shorts :eek: Yuk!!!

The other day I saw two gimps side by side riding down the Bradford side of Cock hill on the road when there is a cycle-path that has clearly been placed there especially for them. I think they just like to annoy drivers

wiltshire builders
03-03-15, 10:16 PM
He should have slowed down, for all he knew we could have had a small child with us.

You don't see any irony in this statement?

Last Train
09-06-15, 06:29 PM
The prosecution rests m'lud http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/laughing/lol-026.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/free-laughing-smileys.html)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRv0xQjEQs0

Nelly
09-06-15, 07:40 PM
Ha ha . karma indeed :)

Trev
10-06-15, 11:32 AM
I guess only a total dick posts footage of themselves being a total dick