PDA

View Full Version : Hunters Lodge cancelled

QB1
19-02-15, 10:46 PM
Sad news to see Hunters Lodge have cancelled the regular bike meets. Just seen it on Facebook.

QB1
19-02-15, 10:47 PM
Sorry posted on my mobile and it's gone on the wrong section

Last Train
19-02-15, 11:16 PM
Gutted :(

redken1
20-02-15, 03:34 AM
"Police pressure" was one of the reasons given by the pub owners/managers. Since when did the publicly funded police become a pressure group? Just asking?

Swanny
20-02-15, 09:06 AM
That's insane they were making a fortune every Thursday

Toph
21-02-15, 08:57 AM
Gutted also.:(

wheelers
21-02-15, 09:49 AM
but, there is nothing to stop individual or couples riding to the place any day. If you happen to 'turn up' and there are fellow bikers there whats the problem , not advertising as a Bike Night but as long as owners dont mind who is to say it is a bike night as long as all behave and ride sensibly why do the police have to be involved>?
so, if a car park gets filled by 20 cars do the police say anything?? that would close every pub or works in the country.

Swanny
21-02-15, 11:23 AM
I agree, as far as I know it's not illegal to visit a pub on a bike

bubblylittleme
22-02-15, 12:22 PM
That's exactly what was said when lion Avebury was stopped as bike night

DC
22-02-15, 02:03 PM
And everyone will roll over and have their tummies tickled as they have since time immemorial . I haven't ever been to The Hunter's lodge Bike Night . If nothing " unlawful " has occurred there , and given the Oath that the Police Force have sworn to serve and protect " The People " and if it's as it appears , that the Police have simply gone along and put pressure on the landlord to shut down the Bike night , then they seem to be misinterpreting their contract a little . Why don't a group of regular attendees approach the landlord and maybe try to discuss setting up a facebook group with a view to challenging what actually may amount to an unlawful act . A simple question like , on who's authority was this action taken , and on what grounds ? , can sometimes be enough to turn a move such as this on it's head .

Dabz
22-02-15, 03:06 PM
From what I've read I think this is more than partly the choice of the landlord so we probably shouldn't blame the police entirely