PDA

View Full Version : Snowy

Oakley
01-02-15, 06:26 PM
Today, Northbound A345 Pewsey...

Me & Wolverine southbound on a couple of trannies... er - that's tough rugged trail ready Transalps... (of course)

No biker nod.
Miserable sod.

:cool:

Snowy
01-02-15, 08:36 PM
I waved - get your eyes tested ;)

Oakley
01-02-15, 10:03 PM
Sorry - unexpected responses to a biker nod don't count...

Gerry
02-02-15, 09:14 PM
Did his steed have an engine ? last time we saw him he was leg powered (sad I know) ;-)

Oakley
02-02-15, 10:52 PM
Well - now you mention it - he was stationary in a line of traffic... guess he could have staged himself in there just for show...

We - of course - were flying by far to rapidly - and busy looking butch & manly in mud splattered bikes & trail gear to notice if said bike had an engine in it....

Snowy
03-02-15, 07:35 AM
Well - now you mention it - he was stationary in a line of traffic... guess he could have staged himself in there just for show...

We - of course - were flying by far to rapidly - and busy looking butch & manly in mud splattered bikes & trail gear to notice if said bike had an engine in it....

In which case you really must go to Specsavers as the mighty GS never gets caught stationary (and certainly didn't on Sunday). I also did not notice any such manly riders as you suggest, just a couple of tiny feeble looking bikes ridden by some bedraggled and miserable looking zombies ;)

Snowy
03-02-15, 07:37 AM
Did his steed have an engine ? last time we saw him he was leg powered (sad I know) ;-)

I was having a day off on Sunday, us athletes have to take a rest day occasionally ;)

Gerry
03-02-15, 01:38 PM
I was having a day off on Sunday, us athletes have to take a rest day occasionally ;)

Anybody that rides a bicycle like you do well deserves to be called "an athlete" can't quibble there !
The only time I've ever seen the mighty GS stationary is when it's disgorging yummy food and drink to all on sundry ;-)
Roll on Wales 15 :-)

Oakley
04-02-15, 01:39 AM
In which case you really must go to Specsavers as the mighty GS never gets caught stationary (and certainly didn't on Sunday). I also did not notice any such manly riders as you suggest, just a couple of tiny feeble looking bikes ridden by some bedraggled and miserable looking zombies ;)

If you didn't get caught stationary - it's only because I wasn't wearing a GoPro... next time...

'mighty' GS..? On which planet in what universe..?

That pretentious poncy chuff chuff of a bike has only half the horsepower of my ZZR...

You really must go to Realitycheckers... :cool:

Snowy
04-02-15, 06:27 AM
If you didn't get caught stationary - it's only because I wasn't wearing a GoPro... next time...

'mighty' GS..? On which planet in what universe..?

That pretentious poncy chuff chuff of a bike has only half the horsepower of my ZZR...

You really must go to Realitycheckers... :cool:

Quality not quantity dear boy....by now you should know its not how many you have, its how you use them that matters ;)

Oakley
04-02-15, 02:43 PM
Quality not quantity dear boy....by now you should know its not how many you have, its how you use them that matters ;)

I'm Sorry..?

Is the man who spends far more time polishing his bike than actually riding it - trying to lecture me on what a bike is for..? :cool:

Gerry
04-02-15, 05:30 PM

Oh... sounds like the gauntlet has been laid down, are we taking bets :-) slow old BMW vs Uberpower ZZR, I recon you would spank him Oakley (obviously in a straight line, on the twisties you would be left for dead) ;-)
I seriously suspect that the Mighty GS has a turbo in the left hand pannier :-)

Snowy
04-02-15, 05:58 PM
I'm Sorry..?

Is the man who spends far more time polishing his bike than actually riding it - trying to lecture me on what a bike is for..? :cool:

My mistake... I thought this was just jokey banter but since you seem to be taking this seriously....then as the Dragon's say.... I'm out!

Snowy
04-02-15, 06:00 PM
Oh... sounds like the gauntlet has been laid down, are we taking bets :-) slow old BMW vs Uberpower ZZR, I recon you would spank him Oakley (obviously in a straight line, on the twisties you would be left for dead) ;-)
I seriously suspect that the Mighty GS has a turbo in the left hand pannier :-)

No guantlet Gerry - I have nothing to prove to anybody and I'm not one to be comparing the size of one's anatomy either....well, you know me, not in public anyway ;)

Gerry
05-02-15, 12:13 AM
No guantlet Gerry - I have nothing to prove to anybody and I'm not one to be comparing the size of one's anatomy either....well, you know me, not in public anyway ;)

:-) Is that a turbo in your pannier or are you just pleased to see me lol
Perhaps young Oakley just forgot to put a smiley face at the end ;-)

PS. It still makes me smile when I think of you and SF down South - never underestimate the mighty GS lol
Happy days Big G.
:-)

Basher
17-10-15, 09:34 AM
My money is on snowy...... Bmw bikes rock 😎

Caz
19-10-15, 11:26 PM
Oh its just like the old days ... pistons at dawn I know who i would have my money on ��

DC
23-10-15, 08:54 PM
My money would definitely be on Snowy, but only if he brings some custard creams out occasionaly !!! :rolleyes: