PDA

View Full Version : Can't beat...

Mal103
01-02-15, 01:23 PM
that slick feeling of the gears after changing the oil, especially after putting it off for too long and the old oil falling out like dirty water.... :o

Also great when it's nice and shiney but not easy with the amount of crap on the roads.

Who else is daft enough to carry on riding through winter or are you busily tinkering on a project or three?

Wes
01-02-15, 04:36 PM
Does look nice but never lasts very long, still riding the rrw, but the 954 is having a really good going over , ready for the next season :)

Trev
01-02-15, 05:32 PM
Bit if both, lucky enough to have bikes to ride through the Winter and a few to fettle. RE went for MOT yesterday and I was planning to take the motor out of my X7 to strip and get the crank rebuilt but a nice 30 mile ride around the local roads and I'm not so sure now. Something in the bottom end sounds bloody awful but it starts first or second kick, ticks over nicely, pulls pretty well mid range (for a two stroke 250!) and seems to rev out okay once the power comes in. Clutch slips a bit so that will need sorting but I'm tempted to use it until it really gives up and then go for it, given I'll only do a few hundred miles in the Summer it could last ages